Assistant Manager, Retail Copy job description
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio-a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Role: Assistant Manager, Retail Copy (Retail Copywriter)
- Write all site and email copy for all North America brand promotions.
- Write homepage and email copy for select international business units.
- Liaison with concept, brand, social, and product writers for accuracy and messaging alignment.
- Collaborate closely with graphic designers to shape compelling, contextually relevant storytelling within emails and on homepages.
- Copyedit and proofread to professional standards.
- Support Senior Copy Manager to develop and maintain the Coach voice and create inspiring, engaging, original, informative, and seasonally relevant storytelling.
The successful individual will leverage their creativity and proficiency in copywriting to:
- Support Senior Copy Manager to develop compelling standardized storytelling and seasonal narratives.
- Contribute to larger product, campaign and/or brand initiatives, including helping to ideate concepts, messaging and taglines for launches.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Excellent writing skills and creative flair.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and acute attention to detail.
- A proven ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and work collaboratively within a fast-paced environment.
- A good understanding of the Coach target audience and their online and shopping behaviors.
- The ability to problem-solve efficiently and proactively.
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability and pride for work.
- The ability to fact-check, self-edit and proofread own work.
- A strong interest in fashion and a knowledge of current trends and terminology.
- The ability to work with ambiguity and in ever-changing environments.
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively with different business partners and teams, including Creative Studio producers, art directors, designers, ecommerce, CRM, and more.
- Flexibility to work on ad hoc projects as needed.
The outstanding professional will have...
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in journalism or copywriting in fashion or a similar field.
- Versatile, engaging writing skills with the ability and confidence to challenge the status quo.
- The ability/adaptability to learn from feedback and take on (and occasionally challenge) the brand voice.
- Excellent grammar and the ability to fact-check, self-edit and proofread own work.
- Organizational skills and proficiency in content management systems.
- A sense of ownership and accountability for work and team.
- A positive, proactive and highly collaborative attitude.
- Strong conceptual skills with intuitive knowledge of how copy relates to design, graphics and concept inspiration.
- Competitive awareness of best-in-class fashion/editorial voice.
- A strong knowledge of relevant social media platforms and popular culture.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced creative environment.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-AS1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.