Senior Product Developer
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
The role of Senior Product Developer is to manage the Product Development process within the different product lines for Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein from proto concept, SMS and pre-production stage. S/he manages and drives the development and the life cycle process with all relevant parties involved (Design and Merchandising), in order to achieve commercial product execution, align with corporate goals, the calendar and financial key performance. Liasing with buying offices in China and direct vendors in Europe/India, the Product Development Manager role is to ensure that the product is developed to the business needs and to the critical path
- Liaise with Design for initial sourcing initiatives (e.g. sourcing trips) during Global Creative Research based on draft range plan obtained from Product Merchandising, with the objective to foster innovation and to ensure competitive price points
- Advise Design during development process regarding cost implications and provide call-outs regarding quality risks to the product and ensure on-time samples delivery
- Execute R&D requests from Design and take initiative on relevant R&D while managing efficient R&D processes
- Responsible for Product Development calendar and timeline, maintaining efficient workflows and general outline of timelines for the season for relevant categories, and ensuring close collaboration with merchandising, Buying & Planning, Buying Office, Vendors
- Oversee updating and maintaining of BOMs, handover to Buying Office / Direct Vendors for production of samples, protos, and bulk, and ensure that post-SMS comments are applied accordingly for production
- Responsible for category product management by providing support regarding technical and cost limitations/possibilities throughout the development process and during key meetings (e.g. proto review, final price meeting, SMS review), and being responsible for on-time sample delivery at each key milestone
- Negotiate FOB-prices with Buying Office / Direct Vendors throughout the development and production process, ensuring margins are maintained for actual order quantities
- Maintain close relationships with Direct Vendors and Buying Office, discussing development and production planning and managing escalation of pressing issues
- Drive efficiency improvement by analysing processes and best-practices, pursuing effective structures and ways of working, and working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Buying & Planning) to capture opportunities, align processes, and create synergies (in ways of working)
- Liaise with Central Quality Assurance regarding claims, providing input regarding validation of claims
- Conduct & oversee continuous update of data into PLM to ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
- Oversee sample delivery tracking as well as provide update internally through sample tracking-file
- Oversee and consult on operational activities of team and act on call-outs made by team (e.g. consulting on risk assessment)
- Provide (ad hoc) analyses and reporting for presentations to management and key stakeholders
- Manage workload, learning, and development of Product Development team
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 7 years working experience in product development.
- Used to working under pressure with tight deadlines
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fabrics and sourcing, fitting and patterns.
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must
- Willingness to travel if situations allow
What You Can Expect from Us:
• A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly Covid home- office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include a motivational letter with your application. We would love to see why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.