Head of Operations
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, efficient, and experienced Head of Operations/Operations Director to join the team at Dover Street Market. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of projects across retail and office, ensuring the delivery of a seamless operation across the business. This is a cross-departmental position, reporting in to and working closely with the Vice President.
This role will suit a pro-active multi-tasker who thrives in an extremely fast paced, high pressure environment, and is comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a range of different projects simultaneously from start to finish, ensuring momentum and swift and seamless delivery within expected deadlines
- Liaise cross departmentally to ensure communication is clear and concise with all stakeholders
- Responsible for the creation of comprehensive project plans, implementation and keeping the VP informed of progress
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet project budgetary objectives
Suppliers & Contract Management
- Manage all key relationships with our outsourced suppliers including the regular review and negotiation of contracts within the business including but not limited to building management, IT, Security, Cleaning, Travel etc.
- Ensure DSM expectations and ways of working are established and adhered to by all suppliers
- Manage and maintain the budget for all suppliers within the business, controlling and challenging costs across the business
- Ensuring the smooth running of all relevant systems in the store and office
- Act as the sole point of contact for our outsourced IT function, ensuring due diligence with regards to IT security, SLA’s and software/hardware needs within the business
- Provide clear guidance and policies on IT use and management within the business
- Work with key stakeholders to implement new systems or upgrades, ensuring these are implemented in line with business guidelines and review all contractual elements of these acquisitions/changes
- Implement new system/processes and clear SLA’s for regular or ad hoc maintenance and facilities needs within the store and office, ensuring any requirement is dealt with swiftly
- Identify opportunities to work with externally sourced companies to handle day to day maintenance
Store & Office Operations
- Work closely with the Store Director and Security Manager to ensure the smooth running of the store
- Create and maintain standards and promote activities that enhance operational procedures across the business
- Regularly review and publish clear store/office policies and procedures and ensure their adherence within the business
- Partner with HR to ensure all current policies remain up to date and are regularly shared across the business
- Participate actively in the operational planning and execution of company events
- Manage any office or store physical changes
- Play an active role in seasonal store changes as well as any ad hoc space movements
Corporate Governance & Health & Safety:
- Oversee Health & Safety ensuring the business is fully compliant at all times
- Work with HR to ensure any new H&S legislation is implemented appropriately and any H&S concerns are handled swiftly
- Work with our external H&S experts to ensure all relevant documents and actions are completed in accordance with regulations
- Work closely with the Security Manager to ensure regular risk assessments are in place within the store and manage any similar measurements within the office
- Manage all aspects of corporate governance & compliance including business /employers insurance, GDPR, and regular / ad hoc legislative requirements
- Review current processes and policies to ensure that the business is in line with regulations and ensure these are maintained regularly
- Maintain relationship with insurance providers, ensuring the business is fully covered according to the detail of the contract
The Ideal Candidate
- A 'can-do' mentality, eager to find ways round obstacles and willing to exploit all the available resources in order to accomplish objectives.
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard through their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be resilient, energetic, self-motivated and self-organised with the ability to hit the ground running.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable with a flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard within a superfast paced and high-pressure environment to drive the business forward.
- Flexible approach regarding working hours dependent upon the needs of the business.
- Proven experience as Head of Operations/Operations Director within a retail business
- Assertive and confident with a friendly and approachable manner
- Highly concise and engaging communicator
- Multi-disciplined, multi-tasker.
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously