Assistant Floor Manager
Leading the floor Sales Team and Concession Staff under the guidance of the Floor Manager (FM) in driving overall sales and leading by example through personal customer service standards. Assisting the FM in all managerial duties related to the efficient running of floor as well as the wider store operations as part of the floor management team. Assuming overall responsibility for the floor in the absence of the FM.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Floor Manager with the delivery of yearly, seasonal and weekly financial and sales targets and providing detailed reporting of daily floor performance and activities, including accurate reporting of sales figures against daily, monthly and seasonal targets.
- Assisting the Floor Manager in holding regular probationary and ‘Touch Base’ meetings with staff to discuss sales performance KPIs, skills development and service standards.
- Leading by example through upholding and progressing high standards of service and visual presentation on the floor at all times, along with a professional and courteous approach.
- Working closely with the Head of Visual Merchandising and relevant parties to ensure strong Visual Merchandising across all areas and overseeing the maintaining of visual presentation to this high level.
- Enforcing correct and responsible cash handling, store policies and GDPR adherence at all times, taking responsibility alongside the FM for following up with staff, and feeding back any errors or infractions to the FM, Store Management Team and relevant Department Heads.
- Contributing constructively to team briefs and operational meetings, providing creative solutions and acting on any and all directives in a timely and professional manner.
- Assisting in the maintenance and oversight of the digital client book on a floor level, leading good data capture practice with the floor team.
- Assisting the FM team and other departments leading up to and during store events; hosting and leading the floor sales team during events; assisting in whichever duties are most useful to the Floor Manager and Store Management team; using sales and client data to action pro-active client outreach both personally and from the floor team.
- Assisting the FM in arranging correct cover for scheduled deliveries and overseeing the processing of new stock, ensuring best practice and procedure at all times.
- Overseeing effective communication between Brand Managers, Merchandise and Stock Control teams to ensure good stock integrity, levels, sell through, delivery and returns.
- Sharing responsibility with the FM and relevant Brand Managers in providing pro-active support to Special Projects, Stock Control and Merchandise teams during installations, de-rigs, product launches and associated maintenance activity.
- Assisting the FM in maintaining stock, stock rooms and back of house areas to the highest standards of organisation and working with the Stock Control team to ensure effective flow of stock in, out and within the business, and compliance with all Health and Fire Safety standards.
- Providing feedback to Buying and Merchandising team on customer preferences and needs after collecting relevant information from Sales Associates and Brand Managers
- Assisting the FM in managing floor team leave requests, absences and breaks and feeding back consistently to help ensure sufficient cover of the floor and standards of service at all times.
- Assisting the FM in working with the Training & Development Manager, Brand Managers and Concession Staff to hold effective and engaging product, service and operational trainings.
- Supporting the FM in opening tasks and end of day banking duties and, if necessary, supporting the Store Management in store opening and closing duties as an Acting Duty Store Manager where required.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in fast paced luxury retail environments, with strong sales performances and interpersonal skills related (but not limited) to luxury fashion retail.
- Strong experience working in teams, preferably with relevant managerial experience.
- Good understanding of KPIs, budgets, sales targets, stock, retail and CRM systems, with the ability to translate important data into sales opportunities.
- A solid understanding of Dover Street Market and Comme des Garcons brands, related brands and activities, along with the ability to embody and communicate with enthusiasm the brands’ values and history.
- Keeping informed and up to date with all current fashion trends and market activity to better serve our clientele and aid store operations.
- The ability to clientele at a high level and lead by example at all stages of the sales process. Confidence in sharing knowledge and expertise to assist in the continual development of the floor team.
- A confident, professional and respectful manner in dealing with client feedback and complaints, with a track record of problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- A confident, efficient and professional approach to dealing with staff issues and disputes, including diligent reporting and actioning of disciplinary actions.
- Effective time management, prioritising and delegation skills whilst under pressure.
- A strong personal sales performance equal to individual staff sales targets.
- The consistent achievement of sales targets, successfully capitalising on every opportunity to over-achieve against targets.
- An effective, well-motivated and highly organised floor Sales Team, each individual embodying the core DSM principle of ‘My Floor My Shop’ with a strong sense of ownership, awareness and creative thinking to collectively improve the ‘DSM Experience’ for all visitors.
- The ongoing maintenance and improvement of standards of service, presentation and efficacy befitting ‘The Best Store in the World’.