The footwear designer will initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven and reflective of the creative vision at Mac Duggal. The candidate must be organized & detail oriented, proactive and adaptable to shifting priorities. The Designer will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where they will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.
- Creates sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process.
- Partner with design team to develop and refine seasonal concept, materials, hardware, and color palette for footwear collections.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all design cards are completed accurately and delivered to product development on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization.
- Responsible for upholding design integrity, high quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process from concept through engineering and commercialization.
- Partners cross-functionally with Merchandising and Product Development team on regular basis.
- Participates in meetings with cross-functional category partners.
- Partnering with colleagues and factories overseas
- Ability to work on multiple seasons at one time
- Adhere to seasonal and time and action calendars, ensuring that the category meets deadlines
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of footwear design experience working for a luxury brand
- Must provide digital portfolio of work
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
- Experience developing product directly with factories; understanding of development from concept through engineering
- Understanding of materials, hardware, leather, and footwear construction required
- Must be able to build all tech packs and pass specs in a detailed, organized and clear manner for factory prototype sample making