Designer Women's Accessories
The Accessories Designer will initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven and reflective of the creative vision at Mac Duggal. The candidate must be organized & detail oriented, proactive and adaptable to shifting priorities. The Designer will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where they will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.
Who we're looking for
The Mac Duggal team are looking for an Accessories Designer with an excellent design skillset who will work across all accessories product categories with a strong focus Sunglasses.
What your day to day will look like
- Proposing new designs for research, sketching and material sourcing
- Researching new trims and techniques
- Seasonal material research and sourcing with suppliers and external mills
- Advice and exchange with suppliers on finishings and making of the products
- Create and maintain tech packs & BOMs (Build of Materials).
- Continuously update and maintain the BOM throughout the product’s lifecycle
- Ensuring all elements of construction are correct for each piece, advising on improvements as/when needed
- Launching product to suppliers, becoming the main point of contact for all development communication
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across the supply chain
- Managing the proto sample schedule for all product, ensuring samples are delivered in time to meet all key milestones through development
- Organising material orders for sampling, ensuring materials are in the factory on time as needed
- Organising all CMT trim and material orders for sampling
- Control of trim orders and supplier allocations for SMS
- Update development trackers and make available for weekly meetings in order to ensure calendar dates and timelines are being adhered to.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of footwear design experience working for a luxury brand
- Must provide digital portfolio of work
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
- Experience developing product directly with factories; understanding of development from concept through engineering
- Understanding of materials, hardware construction required
- Must be able to build all tech packs and pass specs in a detailed, organized and clear manner for factory prototype sample making