- Tory Burch
- Richmond, Canada
- Closing date
- 4 Feb 2022
As a Tory Burch Operations Manager you are the operational expert in the store, creating & implementing clear strategy for inventory movement & management, product storage & capacity, facilities & maintenance, operational expenses, effective management of a large operational staff, and relevant vendor relationships. You are accountable for creating a highly standardized environment in which customers have a transformational experience, employees are able to do their best and the business runs with ease. This requires a constant balancing of priorities, including strategic, operational & leadership excellence and an authentic approach.
- Be the operational expert, being fully versed in all operational policies, procedures and guidelines for all aspects of the store.
- Supervise and provide support in all operational responsibilities to ensure the timely execution of all markdowns, transfers, damages, RTVs, customer sends and holds, replenishment, shipping and receiving in order to maintain inventory accuracy and ideal product flow.
- Manage the store uniform program including ordering, maintenance and enforcement
- Ensure maximization and effectiveness of storage & capacity of all product categories to include sales floor and back of house.
- Ensure inventory accuracy of all merchandise & other company assets (furniture, fixtures, etc).
- Serve as store technology expert in key operational systems, including but not limited to mPOS, Client Book applications, radios and headsets, Web-IM & Epicor POS; able to utilize, trouble-shoot and train.
- Ensure proper care of all in-store devices to sustain longevity. Troubleshoot and partner with Help Desk when needed.
- Training of all-store staff on technology and operational procedures, keeping them up to date on any changes.
- In partnership with the GM and Corporate Operations team, manage and maintain annual budgets for the store's operational expenses (packaging, supplies, cleaning & maintenance, etc).
- Oversee ongoing facilities & maintenance in a timely and consistent manner including furniture repair and maintenance (slip covers, rugs & other upholstered items), daily/monthly cleaning of stores (provide feedback to housekeeping services on quality of work), all repair work (walls, floors, fixtures, etc).
- Coordinate with Corporate Operations team on operational procedures for in store events (Sale Periods, Clearance, Friends and Family and any other promotional times).
- Protect our assets by adhering to all loss prevention policies & procedures.
- Provide feedback to Regional Manager when a policy or procedure is difficult to manage or enforce and/or with ideas for improvement.
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- Ensure disciplined, business-focused management of inventory levels and store expenses (ie. supplies and packaging, maintenance, paid-outs, vendor billing & reconciliation).
- Manage your people resources in a strategic, business-focused manner; ensure effective scheduling around product deliveries, peak periods and key events.
- Work to minimize loss due to damages, credit card chargebacks, cash control and receiving errors through proper training on and execution of operational policies and procedures.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the company's core values.
- Appropriately manage conflict and take ownership for your part in the team dynamic.
- Serve as a member of the store leadership team, including frequent collaboration with the GM, AGM and ASM.
- Set clear goals & expectations and hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence.
- In partnership with the leadership team, manage overall team performance & growth:
- Recognize contribution of others and celebrate success.
- Provide clear feedback and regular coaching.
- Manage performance, handle issues & resolve conflict in a calm, objective & fact-based manner.
- On occasion, act as Transformational Leader of the Floor motivating the team on achievement of sales plans and personal sales goals.
- Provide consistent training & coaching on company guidelines and inventory management
- Partner with the GM to ensure effective store communications, including but not limited to cascade of key information from corporate partners & execution of team meetings
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented
Support the Customer Experience
- In partnership with the leadership team, work with PR/Marketing to execute special event needs; may include furniture needs, supply ordering, managing caterer & other vendors, etc.
- Understand and be able to train on the radio communication guidelines in partnership with the transformational leader of the floor (TLOF).
- Partner with the leadership team to resolve customer service issues, particularly in the areas of product damages, repairs, exchanges/transfers, dry cleaning, courier services, associate wardrobe, etc.
- Ensure a high level of customer service through extensive product knowledge and product ownership.
- Ensure the use of, coach and train to all technology tools available to support the customer experience
Represent the Brand
- Contribute to maintaining all brand and operational standards to support brand consistency.
- Take ownership for maintaining a high standard of store maintenance including daily cleaning, exterior store maintenance, furniture, fixtures, upholstered items, lighting, etc.
- Generate & execute on new ideas to set our brand apart & ensuring every customer's experience is transformational.
- In making operational decisions, ensure they are aligned with the brand vision and maintain the integrity of the brand.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- 3-5 years of stock or operations-related experience in a high volume, customer-driven retail environment.
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to lift (at least 40 lbs), carry, push, pull, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb ladders, crawl, reach, bend and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Adaptable - Change before you have to
- Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
- Collaborative - No "I" in Tory
- Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
- Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes
- Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
- Live the Values - Being "Buddy"
- Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive (Kindness, humility, warmth, honesty, loyalty, compassion, integrity, and passion) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
- Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff
- Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
- FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Team Builder - It's all about "We"
- Sets team goals and roles - Develops, motivates and empowers - Delivers constructive and encouraging feedback - Holds people accountable for results - Recognizes high performance
- FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Change Leader - Change is the essence of life
- Challenges the current point of view - Puts changes in context for the team - Executes changes that impact the business - Is proactive and positive - Listens to and keeps the team up to speed
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert