Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and portfolio of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our three portfolio brands: souk + Sepia, simisienna and Mango Maison. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience. In order to realize this vision it is imperative that we build a best in class Office Operations department
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY MANAGER POSITION
souk + SEPIA is looking for a Community Manager to engage our growing online community. The Community Manager will support the presence, maintenance and growth of souk + SEPIA’s organic social channels. This person will be integral to the Marketing team's effort in elevating brand perception with new and existing consumers. This leader will help position souk + SEPIA as a brand of purpose and authority in the fashion world. They will be responsible for driving the day-to-day management of souk + SEPIA’s organic social channels, community and the execution of brand stories and cross-channel campaigns.
The ideal candidate dreams in memes, can spot a trending TikTok, and knows exactly what to say in the comments section. You live and breathe the heart and soul of social media and you’re always looking for what’s next. You will be responsible for planning content & copy across all organic social media channels, building out the weekly content calendar, 360 social support plans for launches/activations, identifying social trends & owning community management. This role is highly collaborative & will report directly to the Marketing Manager as well as manage a team of coordinators. Our ideal candidate is someone who is fashion-obsessed with a team player attitude, excellent communication & writing skills & is a multi-tasker that will reach deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
Social Media Management
- Manage an editorial calendar and plan content & copy across all organic social media channels, building out the weekly content calendar, support plan for launches/activations, identifying social trends & owning community management
- Monitor social posts, gauge sentiment along and escalate content for further review.
- Become a champion of social media’s Black creator community making sure our content is focused on their needs, celebrates them at all intersections, and fosters safety.
- Immersive understanding of brand tone of voice and ability to pen social copy accordingly, for organic, paid, and community management purposes
- Evolve our organic community strategy, balancing growth and engagement across new and existing platforms
- Develop a comprehensive social media strategy that further advances the brand and drives the company’s marketing goals, including new user acquisition, keeping abreast of new social media trends and tools, customer loyalty, and overall community engagement
- Lead our fan outreach efforts, identifying and curating community led-content creation
- Contribute community-centered content ideas to monthly content and social media lineup
- Engage with the audience in the brand’s tone while cultivating leads and sales
- Roll out targeted social campaigns that align with business goals, brand building, community growth, product launches, promotional periods, and other brand milestones; Partner with our Creative, Influencer Marketing, and CX teams to align strategies when appropriate
- Oversee all contests, sweepstakes, and giveaways and leverage across all channels to drive engagement and growth
- Own our UGC initiatives and campaigns from start to finish to create more submissions and UGC
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing and creative team on creation of content and campaigns to drive growth, reach, and engagement
- Assist in the production of brand photo shoots, advising on shot lists, specs, etc. as it relates to social media best practice
- Analyze community, cultural, technological and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for content, with a special focus on Black women of color audiences.
- Develop inspirational briefs and strong partnership with creative teams
- Optimize content, continually doubling down on the content types and tactics that are driving the most growth
Reporting & Analytics
- Report on social sentiment and conversation trends, mining comments for interesting insights that can impact future brand work
- Partner with Communications & Customer Experience teams to maintain documentation for community management best practices, including tone of voice guidelines & FAQs
- Work effectively within measurement tools to prepare reporting and optimization recommendations based upon relevant KPIs.
- Continually evaluate best practices based on metrics and reporting, and explore new channels to enhance our overall social strategy
- Develop social metrics and analyze campaign performance to identify trends; regularly communicate insights, key learnings, and recommendations to the team