About the Company
Established in 2003 by siblings Camilla Freeman-Topper and Marc Freeman, CAMILLA AND MARC are an independent, family owned and run, Australian Luxury fashion brand. The CAMILLA AND MARC philosophy centers around offering high-end design & construction with a simplicity in design that allows the wearer to shine through.
CAMILLA AND MARC believe in great design that is transforming, striving to inspire their customers to be a better, more confident version of themselves allowing them to live creatively and richly.
Timeless, modern and tailored often with something unexpected, CAMILLA AND MARC are a leading light of the Australian fashion guard with a view and a plan to lead tomorrow’s generations.
About the Role
The Communications Manager will take the lead on the Communications strategy and have a strong focus on PR, VIP, special projects, and partnerships, reporting directly to the Head of Brand. The candidate should be able to work collaboratively within a fast-paced team as well as demonstrate leadership abilities to drive and lead special projects.
The candidate will be responsible for the creation, management, and implementation of the communications strategy – including, but not limited to PR and media (global and local), VIP dressing, Special Projects (events and activations), collaborations, and partnerships, as well as influencer management. The candidate will also lead the month-to-month management of international agencies in USA, Europe, and NZ.
The candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment demonstrating exceptional knowledge and understanding of the current media landscape and will strategize innovative approaches to luxury brand PR, positioning and execution.
The candidate will have strong relationships with Australian journalists, both print and digital, as well as the new guard of niche digital publications and influencers globally.
A strategic thinker – the candidate will have exposure to the broader creative, marketing and digital team and can confidently interpret business and marketing requirements, using insights and analytics to develop specific product strategies and briefs.
- 6+ years' experience within an agency or in-house communications team – ideally in a Manager or Senior Manager role
- Be solution oriented, have a point of view and offer recommendations for how to achieve the goals and strategies outlined by Senior Management
- Excellent commercial awareness and understanding of consumer behaviour
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as proficiency and technical ability
- Act as an ambassador for CAMILLA AND MARC brand on a day-to-day basis
- Copywriting skills - e.g., campaign press releases and support statements and creative rationale
- Able to take constructive feedback and to follow established brand style
- Must be a team player and enjoy collaboration
- Strong ability to work to brief, plan, organise and establish own work priorities to manage multiple projects
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and manage workflow
- A natural passion for fashion, art, design culture
- Handle day-to-day issues and enjoy problem solving and proposing creative solutions that meet logistical requirements and deadlines
- Able to think creatively when dealing with problems and develop innovative ideas leading to continuous improvement
CAMILLA AND MARC is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to promoting workplace diversity and creating a safe and respectful workplace for all employees. All employment decisions at CAMILLA AND MARC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other aspect protected by law. CAMILLA AND MARC does not tolerate unlawful discrimination, harassment or bullying.