Senior Designer Ladies Knitwear
Do you enjoy the challenge of creating exceptionally crafted and innovative designs that customers love? Do you use your creativity to push the boundaries in everything you do? Are you forward thinking and fascinated by what fashion followers are going to want next?
If so, this could be the role for you! We are now looking for a Senior Designer to join our Womenswear Knitwear team. This role will report into the Head of Womenswear Ready to Wear and is offered on a full time, permanent contract.
Our Design team is responsible for creating beautifully crafted, sustainable pieces made to last beyond the season. Incorporating traditional methods and innovative techniques our collection and aesthetic is recognisably us. Our design methodology is considered and relevant and applied to everything we create. We design for now and forever.
As a senior designer you will have the chance to propel the knitwear assortment to the next level and push the development of the collection in partnership with the other members of the design team, buying and our network of suppliers. COS is currently present in over 40 countries which means your designs will be seen in our stores and online all over the world.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with design, buying and pattern teams from concept to completion aligning on seasonal direction, trends, timelines and customer insights
- Construct the most amazing products and work with the finest fabrics
- Build an assortment by delivering a beautiful collection that is true to the cos design aesthetic
- Work with the broader design teams to ensure that there is a clear definition between the departments and that we offer true choice to the customer
- Ensure the development of the collection and trends each season, providing a complete wardrobe offer for our customer
- Engage in research for the knitwear department ensuring our customer focus by constantly evaluating customer types, trends, insights, and tendencies
- Provide a high level of awareness and knowledge of current and future trends and to use this enhance the design quality of the department
- Guide, involve, inspire, and develop Assistant and Junior Designers
The ideal candidate is an experienced Senior designer who will bring creative strength and newness to each collection. You will have a strong design identity as well as a clear understanding of what customers want to see in store and online.
- Significant experience in a senior designer role, specialised in knitwear
- A wide technical knowledge of garment making, fit and fabric
- Good eye for colour, detail, and proportion
- Strong grasp of sustainable fashion solutions, material innovation and product development
- Strong team player and inspiring communicator
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and creative environment
Since we started our journey in 2007, we have carefully crafted a work environment in which our employees are encouraged and inspired to be the best they can be. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and dynamic; we choose longevity over passing trends.
At COS we are dedicated to recruiting great people by offering an inclusive work environment where talent is recognised, valued and appreciated. We believe that our values and diversity play a significant role in the success of our brand.
If you are successful in your application, we will ensure you receive a full training program and you will be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Private healthcare
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Private Pension Scheme
- Discounts across a wide variety of partner organisations
- Employee Assistance Program
- A range of long service benefits.
Please kindly note that in order for us to consider your application, you will need to include a portfolio or examples of your work most suited to the COS design aesthetic.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.