Senior Men's Bags Designer
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Closing date
- 30 Jan 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Senior Manager
- Full Time
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward - for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That's the Power of PVH.
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than1,400 retail storesthroughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of theTommy Hilfigerbrand were $9.2 billionin 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includesTOMMY HILFIGERandTOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men's tailored clothing and sportswear, women's collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
The Tommy Hilfiger Footwear and Accessories division has shown the strongest growth of all of the Tommy Hilfiger divisions in the past years. It has vast potential and it's growth has gained strong interest and reputation throughout PVH. In the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production, Sourcing & Development, Buying & Planning and Merchandising & Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting to create superbly styled and high-end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Footwear and Accessories presents 4 collections per year (Winter Pre spring, Spring, Summer Pre fall and Fall).
As a Senior Accessories designer working in the Mens Accessories Division, you will be part of the Design team creating and executing seasonal collections, as well as collaboration capsule collections. You will manage the Junior designer in the team and work closely with the Design manager in the team, the product developer, the merchandise team, and the Design Director for the planning and development of each seasonal collection. You will also design and execute seasonal range plans for review by the Design Director and Creative Director.
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Men's Accessories brand strategy
- Translating Bag trends into a commercial collection including performance bags, totes, leather, vegan and textile bags, special project product together with the Design manager, and Belt and SLG trends with the Junior designer
- Making sure that the Tommy Hilfiger D.N.A. is seen in each accessory
- Reviewing and understanding the design brief assigned by Merchandisers for the season and using your strong communication skills to articulate anything that is not clear or you think might be amiss for the season
- Preparing all sketches and tech packs to go through with product developer to start each season
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally
- Following up on selected fabrics and trims each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for special requests
- Working closely with your product developer so that each bag is looking perfect before it is reviewed by sales to buy for the season
- Developing and understanding of fabrics and trims based on the Mens Accessories price range
- Managing your time as well as your Juniors time in an efficient manner to achieve your deadlines
The Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of experience in Men's Fashion Design with the majority of it designated to Bags and Accessories, with a keen eye for urban trends and attention to detail
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand-drawn skills
- Understanding of 3D software
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal)
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Is able to work in a fast paced highly productive, environment with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to travel within Europe for supplier visits, with understanding that this will also be in China and India once the COVID travel ban has been lifted and it is safe to do so
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Acompanyculturethat fostersdevelopment, offering trainingand learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality,and individuality
- Amonthly Covid home- office budget
- Asmart work programthatempowers ourassociates to workfrom home in the Netherlands, withina flexible schedule
- Abeautifulstate-of-the-artCampus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include an up to date portfolio and motivational letter with your application. We would love to see your aesthetic as well how you commercially design to understand why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and ourbrands,TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands, with a breadth of collections including HILFIGER COLLECTION, TOMMY HILFIGER TAILORED, TommyXGigi, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. TOMMY HILFIGER, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 15,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries and more than 1,800 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand were US $7.4 billion in 2017.
Stadhouderskade 6 Amsterdam
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert