At Self-Portrait we are looking for enthusiastic and passionate Junior Designers to join the small Design team.
The Self-Portrait Range is expanding, and as a result we are looking for people interested in taking ownership of one or more of the below categories:
- Women’s RTW
- Swim and Resortwear
As Junior Designer at self-portrait you will work directly with the Designer and Creative Director across all stages of the Design process. Working with the Designer, you will take ownership of one or more categories, as well as being involved in all aspects of the whole Design Process for each collection. The right candidate will have a strong background in Premium, Luxury or Contemporary Womenswear Design, excellent Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign skills as well as some experience with Fabric / Print Design.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to learn, take part in all aspects of the design process, and a passion for your work are key. There is a lot of invaluable experience to be learnt as part of our small team, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
- Working directly with the Designer through all aspects of the Design Process, from initial research and design stages, Development fittings through to the finished Product. Supporting with the co-ordination of day-to-day activities
- Designing part of the range, as well as creating tech packs and supporting/assisting the Designer in designing the total range, as well as Exclusive and Capsule Collections where required.
- Carry out research and design development based on the decided Direction for each collection.
- Creating and developing Prints and Fabrications.
- Assist in fit sessions where required, ensuring all fit amendments are reflected in CAD mock-ups, and communicated efficiently to overseas suppliers
- Creating accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups of all styles and ensuring these are communicated to relevant departments.
- Working with the Creative Director & Designer to evolve and expand the growing self-portrait range to ensure it reflects the needs of the customer and the ever-changing market.
- Collaborating with the wider Self-Portrait team to ensure that all styles are fit for purpose.
- Assisting on Lookbook Shoots / Ad-Hoc Projects as required by the business.
- General everyday organisation/ design work, helping in creating and maintaining design boards
Requirements for the Role:
- BA or equivalent qualification in a fashion related subject
- 2-3 years experiences in a Contemporary/Premium or Luxury Design related role
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- A positive can-do attitude, and ability to work independently as well as to embrace teamwork
- Some experience with Print and Fabric Design / willingness to contribute to this
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple tasks
- Interest in fashion, and a good understanding of the Self-Portrait aesthetic
Please apply with CV and Portfolio. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.