Assistant Buyer (Fashion)
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a talented Childrenswear Assistant Buyer to join our dynamic international buying team. Previous experience within the luxury market is essential, knowledge of global territories and knowledge of foreign languages will be considered as an advantage. You will have previous e-Commerce experience.
- Provide full administrative support to the Buyers, Senior Buyers, and management
- Prepare and analyse brand sales reports prior to buying appointments
- Support the buyers and seniors on sourcing and selecting new products
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers and develop brand expertise
- Assist during and after buying appointments by: supporting Buyers/Senior Buyers with taking and saving images in our system, quantifying and inputting orders with Buyers’ supervision and writing product/collection feedback after appointments
- Work closely with the Buyers/Senior Buyers on orders, meeting budgets and collection deadlines
- Work closely with the Buyers and Senior Buyers to manage the workflow, accurately and quickly perform all tasks given and ensure all systems and records are up to date
- Work with the team to provide support when needed with appointments, reporting, order confirmations, checking and resolving any discrepancies
- Support Buyers and Senior Buyers with training new members of the team on relevant tasks
- Monitor the market to identify new trends, brands, and any commercial opportunities
- Work across all areas of the business – liaise and support in resolving product queries for other departments such as Merchandising, Studio, Marketing, Customer Services
- Support Buying department with brands and competitor research, trends analysis and marketing presentations
- Excellent communicator
- Have a good knowledge of the childrenswear industry and brands, especially knowledge within the luxury and premium brands
- Passion for fashion and great eye to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Highly numerical and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner, adapt to changes, proactive, creative
- Good time management - ability to organise, multitask, prioritise, and work under pressure
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills, team player
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells with some remote working.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.