Campaign Images Retoucher
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Under the direction of the Images Manager, you will play a key role in the creative process, working to elevate Childrensalon’s digital assets. Passionate about editorial fashion imagery, you will think creatively when it comes to manipulating lighting and colour. With an exceptional eye for detail, you will ensure all work is finished to a high standard in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for retouching a large volume of in-house images in preparation to use for campaigns. You will also be working with images our brands provide on a seasonal basis and editing these accordingly for use across our website and social media platforms. Strong communication skills and the ability to be adaptable whilst highly organized are needed to thrive in this fast-paced yet exciting position and environment.
- Have a key part in the Creative process always working to elevate Childrensalon’s shoot images for use across all our channels
- Ensure the look and feel of images adheres to the in-house style visual guides and ensure all content and images remain consistent across all channels
- Retouch images from Campaign and Editorial photoshoots to a high standard often with a short turn-around for use across all of our media channels
- Collaborate with relevant teams on campaigns and brand launches to ensure all images are retouched and rollovers are uploaded to the deadlines provided
- Actively work with images from in-house photoshoots and those that are provided by brands to create high quality model image rollovers and banners across our website
- Ensure all images file size is optimised for digital use
- Perform quality assurance on all images
- Suggest ways to constantly improve workflows, take initiative and be proactive about helping the images team
- Complete any ad hoc duties when required
- React quickly to requests and take action where necessary
- Use Capture One to process RAW files from photoshoots when required
- A creative thinker with strong retouching skills
- A passion for editorial fashion imagery
- A creative eye for lighting and colour techniques/correction in post-production with good visual awareness
- A proven ability to work quickly and effectively with accuracy
- A meticulous attention to detail whilst producing a high turnover of images
- Proven experience retouching model photography
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent understanding of production and retouching workflows
- Confident communicator
- Ability to follow in-house style visual guides
- Highly motivated team player
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of Capture One
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells with some remote working.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.