Buying Administrative Assistant
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a talented Childrenswear Buying Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic international buying team. Previous experience within the luxury market, e-Commerce experience, as well as knowledge of foreign languages will be considered as an advantage.
- Provide full administrative support to Buyers, Senior Buyers, Buying department and management
- Support the Buying team with different projects- brand and competitor research and trend analysis
- Attend internal meetings, deliver presentation and data
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers
- Prepare and organise Buying Appointments: request and process collections from suppliers, prepare Excel order templates, run reports/analysis, manage collection photos after each appointment
- Assist with sales reports and data analysis for Buyers
- Resolve order confirmations by chasing, checking and ensuring there are no discrepancies
- Assist with samples: with displaying, packing, and dispatching
- Assist with buying appointments: support Buyers/Senior Buyers with presentations for business meetings
- Assist with preparations ahead of Buyers attending trade shows
- Working across all areas of the business – liaise with other departments such as Merchandising, Studio, Marketing, Customer Services.
- Assist the fashion team with ad-hoc tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner, adapt to changes, proactive, creative
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Good knowledge of the fashion, especially childrenswear industry and childrenswear brands
- Commercial Awareness – understanding of our business, products, and our main competition
- Good time management - ability to organise, multitask, prioritise, and work under pressure
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills, team-player
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells with some remote working.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.