This role is a six month FTC opportunity
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Burberry is seeking to hire an RTR Accountant on an FTC basis. This role is part of a new Burberry Business Services (BBS). The successful candidate will actively participate in the development of the team, helping to transition work into the BBS function ensuring processes are identified, transferred and improved to ensure a streamlined, efficient team within in the overall BBS Finance Function.
• Journal preparation and execution of Fixed Assets, Leases and Opex transactions.
• Support retail stock take process.
• Preparation and review of monthly reports including the investigation of variances and reporting of these to the Finance Team.
• Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts.
• Completion of half year and year end additional financial information.
• Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required.
• Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
• Ensuring compliance with Group policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
• Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
• Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
• Proactively seeks feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
- Part-qualified accountant or studying for an accounting qualification.
- Experience of BPC and SAP is an advantage.
- Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
- Good excel skills with experience of working with large data sets.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||