Assistant Fashion Editor
Who What Wear is looking to hire an Assistant Editor to join its award-winning culture. If you’re an experienced editor with a love for all things fashion, shopping, and trends, we want to hear from you!
As the Assistant Editor you’ll push the Who What Wear brand into new content territory while seeking ways to optimize growth and innovation. You will be hyper-focused on writing shopping stories that are strategically designed to contribute to your affiliate goals.
If you’re the ideal candidate, you’re well-versed in the fashion space, on top of the latest in shopping, and you’re ready to parlay your insight into top-performing content. You have a strong sense of urgency to quickly turn an idea into a final product. Your collaborative spirit and positive, can-do attitude will be the driving force behind your work and your mind for data will enable you to utilize our world-class insights to create results-oriented stories.
This position can be based in Los Angeles or New York and reports to the Market Director.
Who What Wear is powered by a hybrid remote/ in-person workforce that spans the US and UK. Working here means that you get to build the work environment that best accommodates your unique needs and enables you to bring your best, most productive self to work – from nearly anywhere. Our interviewing and onboarding activities are conducted virtually, as will most of your work, but you should be open to working in person from time to time if necessary.
- Pitch and write daily affiliate-driving shopping content for WhoWhatWear.com
- Fulfill output each week and nimbly respond to changing commission rates, story performance data, and pacing toward affiliate goal
- Track analytics on story KPIs to ensure personal PV and affiliate goals are met and data is used to inform story strategy
- Work on editorial tent poles and franchises that build on Who What Wear’s brand equity as well as maintain existing franchises
- Build a roster of experts to add value to stories and keep a finger on the pulse of fashion trends, brands, launches, and industry news
- Maintain and build press relationships Contribute to raising the bar on Who What Wear’s diversity and inclusion
- 1-2+ years of experience writing for a digital publication
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and strong visual sensibilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the fashion space
- Ability to bring an innovative and creative approach to our traditionally top-performing story categories
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, proactively communicate, and meet tight daily deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
- SEO and CMS knowledge is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance: Unlimited time off, paid holidays, paid winter break, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their children, in addition to short- and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Self-Care Fridays (Half-day Fridays) to encourage self-care and mental health awareness.
- Financial Well-being: Sponsored 401k plan with unlimited access to financial advisors and planning tools.
- Bonus eligibility and stock options for all Full-Time employees
- Opportunity to Fight Racism: We’re proud to match 100% of employee donations made to organizations that combat racism or support recovery from racist acts of violence.
- Opportunity to Do Good: Each employee dedicates one day per year toward an impactful social good project.
- And of course, the fashion! Who What Wear employees receive 50% off everything from our DTC line, the Who What Wear Collection.
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its digital fashion publication — whowhatwear.com — and its carefully curated, low-key luxury line of clothing and accessories, the Who What Wear Collection. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping podcasts Second Life and Who What Wear with Hillary Kerr, both hosted by Kerr. Headquartered in Los Angeles.