Press & VIP Assistant UK
Located at the Paul Smith headquarters in London, the Press & VIP Assistant UK role will support the UK Press team in all Press, VIP and Influencer activations for all Paul Smith lines, as well as Paul Smith events and the seasonal shows for the UK market. Working closely with the Global Press & VIP team to achieve the brand strategy and focus every season.
• Support with all day-to-day press and VIP related duties to promote the Paul Smith brand across Menswear, Womenswear, Homeware, Junior, Special Projects & any other Paul Smith categories.
• Support the Press team to continually pinpoint, nurture and develop relations with key target VIPs.
• Manage all sample requests, including send outs and deliveries and ensure the showroom is managed and merchandised and merchandised efficiently and thoroughly in a timely manner.
• Support the International Press & VIP Assistant in their duties to facilitate requests to international teams and franchise markets wherever possible.
• Initiate and host showroom appointments with Press, build relationships and generate awareness of Paul Smith.
• Track all coverage of Paul Smith and PS Paul Smith and all other lines and special projects both online and in print.
• Assist with the organisation of the seasonal show, press days and any other local events as necessary.
• Manage efficient and fastidious database collation and send out relevant mailings where needed.
• Keep up to date with all industry changes, news and events and ensure circulation of news in a timely manner to the team.
• Work closely with the Digital Marketing team, Sales team and the Stores to keep up to date with latest product offers, delivery dates and other product information.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
• Previous credible experience of working in a Press role within the fashion industry.
• Experience of sample management and collating information and creating reports.
• Previous administration experience in a busy office.
• Previous knowledge of national UK Press.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise. Excellent negotiation skills and inter-personal skills.
• High degree of competence in report analysis and interpretation of information and data.
• Interest and knowledge of the press market, current trends and media.
• Creative flair and ability to assess complementary themes.
• The ability to be flexible over working hours, for example early starts and late finishes are essential for this role.