G/FORE Photo Studio Manager
Born in Los Angeles but bred with a global perspective, G/FORE was conceptualized with a passion for modern design combined with a love of golf. Distinguished by our attention to detail, sophisticated ease, playful nature, youthful energy and sense of humor. We consistently strive to make a powerful and colourful impact on our favourite game. We take inspiration from art, architecture, modern design, and colourful narratives. Our intent is to disrupt the industry without being disrespectful to the sport and its rich traditions.
The Photo Studio Manager oversees the photo studio team responsible for all photography and video production required including but not limited to print and digital marketing, wholesale, and eCommerce. This position will be responsible for implementing processes throughout the photo studio that guarantee the delivery of projects on-time, on-brand and within budget. The Photo Studio Manager acts as the in-house shoot producer, location manager and casting director: scouting, assessing and gathering a team of photographers, stylists, hair and makeup artists, models and set designers to bring shoots to reality.
- Day-to-day management and direction of the studio.
- Provide supervision as well as mentoring, training, development, and performance management of the freelance and in-house teams.
- Identify and recommend production workflow process improvements as needed.
- Create, forecast, reconcile, and manage budgets.
- Manage strategy for the scheduling and booking confirmation process for freelance talent.
- Source and manage agency and freelance relationships.
- Manage the casting and talent selection process.
- Lead daily/weekly status meetings with internal teams (Production, Marketing, Design, and eCommerce) to prioritize and communicate objectives and deadlines.
- Manage team’s short and long-range deadlines to ensure proper resources are available to meet all timelines.
- Develop best practice guidelines for talent management, adjusting and refining as needed.
- Lead negotiations of contracts and rates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter.
- Process oriented, implementing systems and data to ensure the proper flow of projects and talents through the studio.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites, and CaptureOne.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the Arts or equivalent.
- Experience managing a photo studio and team.
- Experience managing budgets.
At Peter Millar and G/FORE we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.