Jr. UI Developer and Designer
Peter Millar was founded in 2001 with a single cashmere sweater. Through this initial garment, an ethos emerged to embody luxury, elegance and a dedication to superior craftsmanship. Today the brand has grown to include luxury performance sportswear, seasonal resort apparel, refined tailored clothing, and sartorial accessories. Each offering features the finest raw materials and fabric innovations while utilizing the world’s best yarn spinners, artisanal workshops and highly specialized factories.
The Jr. UI Developer and Designer brings engaging designs to Peter Millar and G/FORE customers by working across the disciplines of both digital design and front-end web development. The ideal candidate for this position has a basic understanding of core design principles, user interface and user experience design, as well as intermediate coding skills. This role will work in a collaborative team to produce and implement designs for our marketing channels that adhere to and extend our brand standards. It will iterate designs while analyzing technical constraints, user experience design, and front-end web standards. The candidate for this position is committed to quality, is passionate about problem solving with creative solutions, has a flexible attitude and demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Produce quality designs for two luxury clothing brands to support marketing objectives and give our customers an outstanding customer experience.
- Assist in conceiving and creating designs that address the user’s goals as well as business goals.
- Produce deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, user flows, comps, and prototypes.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, creative, and digital teams to deliver quality assured projects.
- Design, build and launch website updates including: homepage updates, content landing pages, cart updates, and A/B testing for petermillar.com, petermillar.co.uk, and gfore.com
- Design user-centric interfaces for web.
- Analyze technical limitations and how they can affect a design.
- Manage time effectively, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of foundational design concepts (i.e. proximity, repetition, white space, etc.) and the aesthetics and application of typography in design.
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Highly organized and skilled in time management.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with designers, copywriters, stakeholders, and internal clients.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, HCI, CS, or related practical experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience working with latest web standards, including cross-browser optimizations and solutions.
- Experience with Google Optimize or an A/B testing tool
- Intermediate experience with XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud preferred but not required
- Prior experience working within the fashion industry preferred but not required.
- Prior experience working in E-Commerce preferred but not required.
At Peter Millar we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.