Peter Millar was founded in 2001 with a single cashmere sweater. Through this initial garment, an ethos emerged to embody luxury, elegance and a dedication to superior craftsmanship. Today the brand has grown to include luxury performance sportswear, seasonal resort apparel, refined tailored clothing, and sartorial accessories. Each offering features the finest raw materials and fabric innovations while utilizing the world’s best yarn spinners, artisanal workshops and highly specialized factories.
Reporting to the Studio Manager, the Producer is responsible for all aspects of pre to post production, travel & shoot planning, managing the creative budget, schedules and the end to end management of projects, and acting as a liaison between Marketing, Creative and Production, amongst other duties as assigned.
- Lead photo content and broadcast productions with an understanding of brand objectives and a deep understanding of needs and expectations across channels.
- Coordinate and drive assigned projects from pre-production to creative asset delivery.
- Set location and editorial project schedules and manage calendars for assigned projects, including photography, content, and video.
- Keep projects on schedule and communicate the status to other teams.
- Manage the current vendor relationships that support freelance production needs.
- Coordinate freelance resources determining which is best to use given project scope and lead in the concept and production of brand creative while ensuring all work delivered drives the brand forward.
- Research talent and locations to drive and manage the creative vision
- Organize and facilitate pre-production including bookings, castings, fittings, location scouting, weather analysis, travel, props, catering, customs paperwork, and more.
- Serve as the main point of contact on set for crew members and models: organizing call times, crew dinners, airport transfers, hotel check-in, and communication between local production and crew, etc.
- Maintain and contribute to production books and paginations for each location shoot.
- Own retouching notes for location photography and communication for deliverables.
- Provide guidance to ensure creative vision is achievable within deadline and on budget.
- Maintaining the organization of incoming billing, receipts, vendor and independent contractor invoices
- Maintain project budgets, quoting and estimating utilizing strong negotiation skills and improving the production process for cost, logistical and creative efficiency
- Recommending and providing resources for talent, stylists, set builders, and photo assistants to achieve desired results within established creative/marketing strategies
- Drive cross functional relationships with the brand marketing, social, and events teams to lead productions for key selling time frames and determine which projects should receive the most attention, resources and budget.
- Own the QA process for on location PM Web Ready images
- Comfortable and can take initiative in making phone calls, scheduling travel, manage logistics for both domestic and international production shoots, as well as multi-task on other production related projects at the same time.
- Ability to manage logistics “in the field”
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, ability to work with people of all levels in team environment
- Professional demeanor, responsible, mature and adaptable to changing situations, along with the ability to work with multiple internal departments
- Ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent time frames and changing priorities
- Understanding of digital photography processes and related software - Capture One, Abobe Creative suite and understanding of digital asset management.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience producing photography for fashion, or luxury brands
At Peter Millar we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.