At Self-Portrait we are looking for motivated and passionate Assistant Designers to join our growing Design team.
As Assistant Designer at Self-Portrait, you will work directly with the Senior Designer, assisting across all stages of the Design process. The right candidate will be a confident user of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as having an enthusiastic approach to research and fabric developments.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to learn, take part in all aspects of the design process, and a passion for your work are key. There is a lot of invaluable experience to be learnt as part of our small team, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
- With guidance from the Senior Designer, assist through all stages of the design process, from Initial research stage to Lookbook/Show stage.
-With guidance from Senior Designer be responsible for designing part of the expanding range
- Create and amend initial Tech Packs
- Carry out focused trend and concept research, comp shops under the decided Direction for each season
- Creating accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups through all stages – amending mock ups in response to fit amends, and ensuring all amendments are reflected in mock ups/ colour ups.
- Ensure design boards, line ups and linesheets are maintained for all collections/capsules.
- Collaborating with the wider Self-Portrait team to ensure that all styles are fit for purpose.
- Supporting the Creative team during photoshoots / shows
Requirements for the Role:
- BA or equivalent qualification in a fashion related subject
- Entry Level - 1-2 years experience in a Contemporary/Premium or Luxury Womenswear Design related role
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Proficient and confident user of Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- A positive can-do attitude, and ability to work independently as well as to embrace teamwork
- Knowledge of fabric bases and an understanding of fabric techniques
- Interest in fashion, awareness of trends and a good understanding of the Self-Portrait aesthetic
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple tasks
- A quick learner with a focused work ethic and excellent attention to detail
Please apply with CV and Portfolio. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.