Head of Audience Engagement
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website (duh). An app. A podcast. A magazine. A Youtube channel. And a thriving retail business selling new, pre-owned, and vintage timepieces. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest, and fun.
Now we need someone to lead our social media team. It’s a high-profile job and a rare opportunity; we’re looking to hire a star.
What You'll Do
The HODINKEE Head of Audience Engagement oversees the strategy and management of all social platforms for HODINKEE. This person will be a part of the Editorial team, working closely with Marketing to grow our audience across each platform for the brand and its extensions. The right candidate will develop a strong, clear, approachable social voice aligned with the brand to translate the (sometimes esoteric) world of watches to a diverse global audience. The Head of Audience Engagement will be data-driven enough to achieve core business KPIs, and yet will have the soft skills necessary to lead and mentor two junior coordinators.
In this role, you will
- Define and orchestrate organic social strategy for all HODINKEE platforms, including H Shop and Crown & Caliber. The idea is to enhance our editorial posts with bespoke social storytelling, rather than simply linking to articles. And to give our Shop posts an editorial touch, rather than a purely commercial hard-sell.
- Grow our audience across every channel, starting with YouTube and Instagram, continuing through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and whatever platform pops up next
- Create elegant, entertaining, and engaging content that appeals to watch enthusiasts and newcomers alike, supporting key product launches, limited editions, marketing campaigns, and of course daily editorial
- Establish guidelines and best practices for social with support and alignment from Editorial and Marketing leads
- Align social KPIs with Editorial and Marketing to set measurable engagement and growth targets. Establish a strong social reporting dashboard to measure results, and regularly share your insights
- Drive revenue by making our social content effortlessly shoppable
- Balance Editorial content and Commercial/Merchandising priorities across all key platforms
- Maintain, and update as necessary, our SEO best practices
- Deliver a roadmap of innovation, tests, and social-first programming to refine our approach
- Work closely with our Brand Partnerships team to develop branded content programs that are HODINKEE-grade and social-first
- Spearhead a HODINKEE influencer program by establishing a database of approved influencers (existing and new) as well as guidelines for influencer agreements
- Partner with Customer Care leads to coordinate response on customer queries via social platforms to ensure comments are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Stay abreast of industry trends, monitor competitor activity, and share intel internally. Audit current social tools and identify new ones to bring into our business.
- Work with a sense of urgency, and a sense of humor
Who You Are
- A collaborative, quick-minded, savvy, fearless, social digital native with…
- Minimum of 5 years of meaningful experience in social media (Agency, Publishing or DTC brands preferred)
- Expert knowledge of social-first content forms including video, text, photography, and animation – and the discernment to know when to use each
- Familiarity with social CMS tools (Sprinklr, Sprout etc.), analytic tools (ie. Google Analytics, Iconosquare), and advocacy/UGC tools such as Bazaarvoice
- Strong project-management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Deep understanding of editorial storytelling, plus fluency in brand marketing
- Proactiveness and initiative, willingness to collaborate and frequently partner across the business
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Superb editing and proofreading chops
- Great communication and presentation skills
- An unwavering commitment to customer service
- Interest in watches, with a desire to learn more
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.