Account Assistant Beauty
The Account Assistant is an entry level public relations position that works closely with account coordinators and account managers to fulfil client needs. The Account Assistant will work with the public relations team to ensure smooth running of the division in daily tasks and as it relates to the entire agency. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or journalism. The candidate should have strong writing, research and organization skills, be willing to adjust to a variety of client temperaments and personalities and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time. Should have a can-do attitude and be a team player.
Assist and working closely with the Senior Account Manager:
- Extensive sample trafficking (organizing sample returns and send outs)
- Actively involved in pitching of samples to press and developing and writing pitches with a creative flair
- Takes an active interest in the world of digital communications and can confidently identifies how digital activations can support our client strategies from what influencers brands are working with, to which websites brands are doing paid partnerships with etc
- Keeps up to date with developments in the influencer sphere and identifies opportunities to suggest suitable influencers for KO clients
- Be available to work on and support on events and projects as needed.
- Be proactive in making and cultivating relationships with members of press by making appropriate entertainment appointments and handling/arranging showroom appointments
- Updating contact database
- Conducting and completing market and industry research
- Prepare agendas and media updates for client calls
- Compile reports on each clients
- Compile and send out editorial clippings to clients on a daily basis
- Responsible for maintaining and creating editorial clipping books for each client
- Undertake administrative tasks such as manage the Director’s calendar; assist with booking travel for Director, Press and Clients as needed, internal reports and filings etc.
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience as public relations intern
- Associate or bachelor degree required in advertising, PR, marketing, communication or related field
- Keen interest in the beauty industry.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), research, and organization skills
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Accomplishes tasks accurately, thoroughly, and with a keen eye for detail both with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong work ethic
- Must be efficient in Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Are you legally authorised to work in the UK?
- Do you have experience in the luxury fashion/beauty industry?