The Sample Coordinator will be an integral member of the Merchandising team who is responsible for end-to-end sample management. This role will have a strong working knowledge of the product and work cross-functionally with Sales, Production, Creative, Digital and Design.
- Create a system for sample tracking to facilitate the checking in and out of samples
- Oversee the organization and management of the sample closet including the Fashion GPS platform.
- Update line sheets with changes and edits
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to prioritize sample requests and manage sample request calendar ensure that samples are received for key milestone dates
- Coordinate dates of sample requests for domestic and international markets, internal photoshoots, PR pulls
- Pack, ship and track samples
- Ensure proper tagging of sample set and confirm the samples reflect the most accurate and up-to-date version of the collection
- Request and manage internal TOP’s needed for shooting
- Work with production team on priorities & sample shipping dates
- Provide clear communication of whereabouts of samples and arrival dates
- Provide assistance with showroom setup for internal meetings and during style outs and internal shoots as needed
- Manage efficient sample storage and archival
- Assist with daily administrative needs of the department
- Undergraduate Degree , or equivalent AA degree from Fashion school
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience, in fashion/retail, managing samples, or similar experience
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, multi-task and manage deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates initiative and is able to prioritize tasks, and problem solve with a "can do" attitude
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Established in 2010, the Jonathan Simkhai brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for the modern woman. The core aesthetic philosophy plays with the tension of feminine strength and sensuality; this is reflected in the employment of customized fabrics, romantic detailing, linear lines, and contoured silhouettes. Through designs that seek to embolden women with confidence and ease, the brand represents modern versatility. As a 2015 winner of the prestigious CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, Jonathan Simkhai continues to redefine the 21st century wardrobe and reinvigorate American fashion.