Materials Manager (Footwear)
Position Summary: A strong leading role to support Footwear material development/production within PVH as well as driving Corporate Initiatives within the brands.
- Leading Material Team on global sourcing strategy
- Responsible for all new material development to support sample delivery on time with reasonable price
- Responsible for all new material physical test tracking and working with PD team for test failure
- Responsible for all Corporate Initiatives on Sustainability, Environmental Impact to manage the implementation of Sustainable Product Traceability.
- Responsible for technical Engineering support on Construction/manufacturing process/new development
- Responsible for on time purchase planning to support sample/bulk production
- Advise on construction / best practice for innovative materials
- Liaise with Costing team on consumption / target cost
- Liaise with PD / Tooling team to identify new/innovative technical processes, techniques
- Responsible for leading the technical development of new materials.
- Establishing and maintaining Raw material Library(ongoing process)
- Manage inventory/liability
- Consolidate core material data base
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
- Associate Degree or above.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in brandy footwear material sourcing and minimum 3 years management experience
- 2-3 years footwear product development experience is a must.
- Strong knowledge of sustainability, knowledge of material manufacturing and procurement
- An experience in fashion footwear and mid-level branded footwear is an advantage.
- Good communication & negotiations skills in English and Chinese Mandarin
- Good MS Office skills (Excel and Word)
- Creative to provide cost saving suggestions and being open minded to adopt changes for the best product
- Be flexible with office and factory development centers as well as the Dongguan office. Be willing to travel when required.