The London Embroidery Studio is an internationally renowned and award-winning embroidery studio creating work for fashion, film, TV, theatre, artists, and events clients worldwide. We are looking for an experienced embroidery designer to join our small team.
You must be a passionate and experienced designer and embroiderer, obsessed with technique, detail, and finish as well as form, colour, and texture. You must be confident working independently and as part of a team.
You will independently run delegated sampling and production projects to the specifications set by clients or senior members of the team.
You will be confident delegating appropriate work to junior members of staff, ensuring their work is of the same excellent quality as your own.
Please note that this is a full-time, strictly in-house position and normal working hours are 10am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday but you need to be flexible to ensure that client deadlines are met. You'll be reporting to our Senior Designer, Lucie McKenna, and based at our Haggerston studio.
To apply: please fill in the application form and submit it along with a small portfolio of relevant work. Please do not just send a CV. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strong and confident design skills appropriate to embroidery design for fashion
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of at least one method of embroidery production (digital, hand-guided machine or hand embroidery)
- Strong understanding of quality and finish of high-end embroidery
- Professional attitude
- Strong IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- 3+ year’s working experience in a related field
- Portfolio of personal and professional work
- Strong understanding of digital machine embroidery
- Experience using Wilcom Embroidery Studio
- Experience developing textile work for luxury fashion clients
- Experience working in a team
- Assist in the day to day running of the studio
- Lead design direction and/or development and production of delegated projects
- Lead client meetings for delegated projects
- Contribute to the management of workload of junior staff
- Oversee the quality of work you delegate to junior members of staff
- Liaise and consult with clients about their projects
- Manage delegated client accounts
- Ensure all delegated work leaving the studio is of high quality
- Contribute to the training of junior and new staff members
- Respond to client emails as required
- Be a point of contact for junior staff members and interns
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times
- Monitor and contribute to the organisation of the studio’s work-flow system including archiving