Working with numerous departments at BoF, the content strategy team creates and publishes content across formats and channels, including: articles, video, podcasts, editorial franchises, global surveys and events.
The Business of Fashion is seeking emerging talent to join this growing team. Candidates should have exposure to written word, research and presentation skills, be it in industry, academia or other forums, as well as an appetite to expand their skill set.
This apprentice role is one of the most varied in the BoF business and is a great opportunity for engaged and dedicated talent wanting to learn a wide variety of skills. Work ranges from creating, editing and producing market-leading written content, to crafting concepts and briefs for commercial partners, and working directly with the content strategy that is helping to drive the growth of the industry’s most influential and innovative community.
This is a 12-month paid apprenticeship scheme, starting in early 2022.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Copy-edit features to ensure they are of an excellent standard
- Be accountable for article production, image sourcing and formatting
- Assist the team with research
- Assist the team in the creation and distribution of regular communications and newsletters, including the Careers Newsletter and BoF Professional Partner Newsletters
- Conduct interviews and write features
- Contribute ideas for custom creative concepts with partners
Who you are
You are an emerging talent with an acute attention to detail and willingness to learn, with creative ideas and an open mind as to how best to tell and illustrate stories, and engage the BoF community.
You should demonstrate;
- The most important attribute to demonstrate in the application process is a thorough attention to detail.
- Demonstrated excellent written and organisational skills.
- Proven ability in critical thinking and balancing data-driven decisions with creativity.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the fashion industry is not a prerequisite. However, the successful candidate will have an appreciation of global businesses or the fashion industry — including its commercial activities.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
- Newsletters and communications are delivered on schedule and free of errors.
- Articles are published according to our Style Guide, tone of voice, and free of errors.
- Articles are accompanied by strong, engaging and on-brand visuals.
- You are able to identify what makes a BoF story, the nuances of content types and audiences.
- You successfully contribute talent suggestions and topic themes to large creative projects like podcast series.
- The ideas you suggest are backed by data and user behaviour.