Information Technology Helpdesk technician
Reporting to the Manager of IT Systems you will be supporting employees in all facets of IT functionality. The nature of the work requires the ability to multi-task and troubleshoot IT problems with sometimes limited information in a fast paced “help desk” setting.
The Help Desk technician is responsible for first line response, initial analysis, and troubleshooting end user generated tickets.
These tickets include support for PC, MAC, printers, video conferencing systems, software, hardware, and applications.
The position is also responsible for the initial build out of laptops and desktops, management and deployment of system imaging, software updates/ patches, and hardware support for all employees.
The help desk technician will work closely with the Manager of IT Systems to understand end user needs and assist in implementing new technologies to improve productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as initial contact for all internal technical support required for computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems
- Route and direct help desk ticket system inquiries and phone calls
- Attend to first level corrective action and when necessary, and escalate accordingly
- Monitor email security software and identify issues to IT Management
- Perform installs, upgrades, moves, and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers, and other peripheral devices
- Serve as lead on management of the IT inventory system
- Assist in ordering and deploying new IT equipment
- Manage employee workstation setup and relocation
- Monitor assistance efforts periodically and provides assessment reports to management on status and recommendations for improvements
- Confer with users and IT personnel to develop new approaches or alternatives to ensure that user assistance is being provided effectively and efficiently
- Onboard employees in learning company-provided applications and assists in problem solving for applications issues
- Test new software applications and recommends purchase where required
- Travel is required
- Interest in computer science and network management
- The successful candidate must have a high energy level and be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and effective manner
- Training will be provided; however, preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the following requirements listed below:
- 2-4 years of experience in a Microsoft, Mac/OS network support environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, and peripheral hardware devices.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office including Outlook in a hosted exchange setting, virus protection, and diagnostic software.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve onsite and remote PC related computing problems.