Wholesale Planning Manager
SKIMS is looking for a seasoned Wholesale Planning Manager to lead the successful development, communication, and execution of sales and inventory strategies that support the financial plan. The Manager is responsible for full pre-season financial planning, buy-planning, in-season management, allocation. Working closely with Planning production, marketing and finance, this individual will drive business results and evolve processes to achieve results in a growing business.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment. Successful team members are willing to go beyond the job description to support the young business in high-growth mode. This position requires a high level of leadership, process management and communication skills with the ability to effectively develop talent on the merchandise planning team while establishing and nurturing strong cross-functional relationships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Run the seasonal hindsight process for planning & Wholesale, providing direction around key initiatives and delivering a framework from which the teams can effectively evaluate performance.
· Proactively guide and influence in-season financial management, including open to buy forecasting, pricing decisions, and demand driven buying decisions to deliver financial goals
· Each month manage and conduct in-season reforecast of category unit plans/dollar plans, focusing on future opportunities as well as minimizing sales/inventory risks. Partnering with Merchants to align on future direction.
· Develop and communicate comprehensive channel financial & product strategies in line with budget.
· Routinely present recommendations and other analysis to senior leadership and executive management related to driving short and long-term business goals including hind-sights, color/pattern selling, returns analysis, etc.
· Partner with Company Planning/Finance on annual and quarterly budget process.
· Drive for continual improvement and innovation to support business by identifying and developing creative ideas and talents of others.
· Collaborate with peers and share best-practice to ensure consistency in tools, reporting and communications.
· Oversee the career and skill development of Jr. Planner
· 8+ years of merchandise planning experience, experience with Nordstrom and international accounts would be highly desired.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· 2+ years’ experience in a lead or supervisory role is preferred
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including v-lookups, pivot tables, and basic macros; Must be able to manipulate large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel to drive business decisions
· Previous experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc…
· Proven examples of “thinking outside the box” to improve processes.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to communicate through storytelling about the data
· Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.