Accounting Manager- GOOD AMERICAN
GOOD AMERICAN, the brand that represents body acceptance for all bodies in all sizes is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, accomplished Accounting Manager. Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will be extremely organized, self-motivated and thrive in a high growth, fast paced working environment. This candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing the accounting team and possess strong leadership skills while improving existing policies and procedures within the department.
· Manage and supervise the accounting department team, responsible for day-to-day guidance and leadership
· Responsible for A/P and A/R management and review, including invoice approvals and collections
· Perform period-end close activities including journal entries, supporting schedules, general ledger maintenance, as well as bank, expense, and credit card reconciliations
· Manage all accounting functions including financial reporting, preparing summaries and analysis for management team in compliance with GAAP
· Coordinating with external auditors and tax consultants in support of annual audit procedures
· Review and recognize opportunities for streamlining the current financial processes
· Oversee cost controls, expense allocation and cash requirements
· Various ad-hoc duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
· Minimum 5 years work experience in Accounting
· At least two (2) years of managerial experience
· Proficient knowledge of GAAP
· Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
· Full Circle Experience +++
· Previous experience in apparel and/or manufacturing highly desired.
· Strong knowledge of inventory accounting is a plus.
· NetSuite experience, preferred
· Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Strong operational experience with a focus on process improvement and documentation
· Ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
· Experience with an SEC registered company, international experience a plus