Senior Product Manager
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2022
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Accountable for selling and developing wholesale business for Women/Men/Non Apparel/Children, ensuring all activities are brand enhancing and in line with Key Merchandising Strategy. Build relationship with key customers to ensure long term partnership. You will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing all aspects of product across Menswear, Womenswear, Childrenswear and accessories in the wholesale EMEIA channel.
- Through extensive competitor analysis and collection input to identify relevant opportunities to enhance the collection and wholesale requirements
- Foster relationships across the regional and corporate merchandising/ planning teams to support and address the requirements of the Wholesale business
- Partner closely with commercial teams to drive product strategy in region
- Attend category division partner meetings
- Support teams to help drive sales within wholesale network , support store visits
- Work on exclusive product, capsules and pop up with the commercial teams
- Analyse trends and gaps in product range
- Work with planning teams to forecast seasonal requirements across categories
- Manage Product focus, meetings newsflash input and quarterly product catch up
- Attend collection presentation, category strategic alignment and give feedback on collection
- Work closely with wholesale planner on forecasting for seasonal market
- Manage Product market tools (teams, chat, guidance) for communication on product
- Support Senior Partner Walk through's of showroom collections
- End of Market analysis and input to central
- Work closely with selling campaign manager on product requirements
- Manage communication to teams during market and post market if there changes or important updates within the collections
- Partner with commercial during market to ensure smooth running of partner appointments
- Own Market calendar from product perspective
- Work with showroom team to develop market tools
- Review end of market orders
- Work with customer operations to action any changes or updates to collection post market
- Minimum 5 years' experience working within luxury wholesale industry
- Experience in presenting and working with Senior stakeholders
- Passionate about product with a commercial sensibility
- Analytical approach to identifying wholesale merchandising opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Previous merchandising experience beneficial
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Enthusiastic and with the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work and multi-task in a busy, fast paced team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the business
- Previous administration experience
- Previous experience with SAP desirable
- Excellent understanding of all programs on Microsoft Office
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert