Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We are product people at heart. Tastemakers in the industry, passionate about incubating the most exciting talent the fashion industry has to offer and combining the finest names in luxury with emerging talent. We collaborate with brands and designers from all corners of the globe, carefully curating product to bring our clients an edit with a distinct point of view.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Your role will involve strategic execution of the buying strategy for Women's non apparel, Accessories & Lifestyle categories, driving performance and contributing to growth across all department. The Buyer will analyse sell-through in-store and online, trading stock, sourcing new brands and products and negotiating the best terms for Browns, managing existing brands and implementing projects to grow sales and maximise profitability. This role will involve extensive travel with the Buying Manager to key markets in order to conduct the buy each season.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will manage OTB Budget, implementing strategies to improve the best return for OTB.
- You will analyse sales, reporting back to the business on sales performance weekly, and proposing actions to achieve agreed targets and manage markdowns to maximise margin and increase sell through.
- You will negotiate the best possible terms with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdown support, and resolve any supplier issues.
- You will source new brands through different channels and building relationships with potential suppliers to ensure product is following our buying strategy and promoting newness and exclusivity.
- You will work with the Women's RTW Department in relation to the selection of collections to ensure themes are consistent across the whole brand.
- You will work with the online, retail, merchandising, brand engagement, ecommerce teams.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience as a Buyer, ideally within the luxury fashion industry.
- You are interested and up-to-date with market trends and competitor activity to ensure uniqueness and newness on approach to Buying.
- You are data-driven approach and commercially aware.
- You are an effective communicator, able to influence a range of stakeholders and suppliers.
- You can coach and develop a team.
- REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.