Sr. Product Development Manager
Peter Millar was founded in 2001 with a single cashmere sweater. Through this initial garment, an ethos emerged to embody luxury, elegance and a dedication to superior craftsmanship. Today the brand has grown to include luxury performance sportswear, seasonal resort apparel, refined tailored clothing, and sartorial accessories. Each offering features the finest raw materials and fabric innovations while utilizing the world’s best yarn spinners, artisanal workshops and highly specialized factories.
The Sr. Product Development Manager is critical to maintain the overall integrity of all Peter Millar products. This position will manage style development and tech packs and will finalize new product to prepare for bulk production. This can include any Peter Millar products including apparel, footwear, bags, accessories, and licensed goods.
- Build and maintain tech packs in the PLM system: BOMs, product specs, size grading, construction images, and other critical product details.
- Manage the product evaluation process
- Measure products and maintain fit feedback throughout the development process, adjust specs, and make construction recommendation as needed.
- Collaborate with merchandisers to finalize Pre Production Samples (PPS) and get styles commercialized for bulk and handed off to the production team.
- Troubleshoot product for construction issues or raw material concerns including fabrics, heat seals, snaps, buttons, zippers and overall craftsmanship with careful attention to detail
- Communicate regularly with the Quality and Compliance Manager to transition products from PPS to bulk and TOP samples
- Drive material development execution with the mills; surface design development, lab dips, fabric profiles and testing
- Drive the trim development and testing process with trim suppliers
- Oversee the product compliance process for fish and wildlife and restricted substances; certificates and testing as required. Maintain documents in PLM and share details with compliance manager for proper classification.
- Lead development specialists in the above categories as required.
- Thrives in a fast paced, highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Has a keen attention to detail, with an eye for quality
- Self-motivated independent worker who will speak up when needed and hold other parties accountable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven high skill level with Excel, Word, and Outlook required Willingness to travel both in the US and globally if required to meet with vendors
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in apparel, and/or footwear business
- BA/BS degree in textiles, textile development
- Accurate color vision, with a keen eye for color, hue, and depth. The Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue Test will be used as the benchmark.
- Experience with a PLM database required; CGS/Blue Cherry preferred
At Peter Millar we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.