Rebag, the ultimate destination for buying and selling the most coveted designer handbags and accessories, is an e-commerce company reimagining the role of luxury in the secondary market. Rebag has opened a world of endless access to luxury, with a unique business model that puts the seller first, offers upfront payment, and makes the resale experience smooth and clutter-free.
Since its inception, Rebag has catered to a rapidly growing segment of consumers who are exploring ownership of luxury goods in a sustainable and affordable way. The company operates online and in stores, with locations in Los Angeles, New York and Miami. Founded in 2014 by a team out of Harvard Business School, Rebag is backed by prestigious venture capital investors including General Catalyst, Novator, Crosslink and FJLabs, and has raised $68m in funding to date. In 2020, Rebag was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Rebag has been featured in the New York Times, Business of Fashion, VOGUE, TechCrunch and more.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for assisting in the month-end close, general ledger reconciliations, analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts, journal entries, inventory, fixed assets, and bank reconciliations. This role will report directly to the Controller.
- Own essential account reconciliations, including accounts receivable and inventory
- Reviews general ledger activity to ensure all activity is properly recorded and reflected in Rebag’s financial statements
- Manages all cash related activities including application of cash receipts, corresponding journal entries, cash reconciliations, and detailed cash tracking
- Manages merchant accounts receivable, including application of cash payments and reconciliation of commission fees
- Manages the processing of monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries
- Assist with review and filing of sales tax returns for several states
- Identifies, explains and communicates variances and drivers
- Assist management with ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 2-4 years of professional accounting experience, preferably in the D2C/retail/luxury goods space or in related disruptive space, ideally working with inventory
- Strong technical accounting skills, including understanding of current US GAAP standards
- Advanced QuickBooks and Excel skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, professional, with people management experience
- Expert multi-tasker, able to manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and produce quality deliverables within tight time frames
- Ability and willingness to quickly and efficiently adapt in a rapidly changing, start-up environment