Fabric Development Manager
Nanushka is looking for a talented Fabric Development Manager to join our team.
This is an exciting time in the growth of the brand: we are included in the latest Financial Times list of the 1000 fastest-growing companies in Europe; have recently opened flagship stores in New York and London; and have become a member of Vanguards, a fashion group and investment platform for emerging and sustainable luxury brands. We’re Budapest-based with a global outlook, with teams in London, New York, and Milan. The role of Fabric Development Manager, then, is an exceptional opportunity to be part of an important time in Nanushka’s story.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about fashion, art, and Nanushka, with a refined aesthetic, detail-oriented mind, and can-do attitude. Nanushka is one of the leading brands in the sustainable luxury segment, we know that selling more is never sustainable, but we empower our people to work towards a more sustainable future with us.
Working in collaboration with Design, Sourcing, and Supply chain teams. The Fabric Development Manager will research and develop all fabrics and trims for RTW womenswear, menswear, and projects, in line with the design brief and sustainability strategy while adhering to the seasonal critical path.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Source seasonal fabrics and trims.
- Develop fabric and trims as required.
- Reach out each season to mills, suppliers, and spinners to arrange new qualities, headers, and color cards for design to review.
- Maintain the company’s sustainability strategy and targets.
- Order sampling as required.
- Manage the delivery of sampling for protos and development.
- Collate fabric prices, MOQ, lead times in preparation for fabric meetings.
- Build and maintain fabric and trim library.
- Work alongside the testing coordinator for selected fabric testing.
- Seek out sustainable options each season.
- Attend fabric meetings.
- Follow sample ordering and timely delivery into the Budapest office.
- Build strong working relationships with both internal teams and external suppliers.
- Sound fabric knowledge.
- Experienced understanding of printing processes and manufacturing.
- Load all invoices for sampling onto the system.
- Arrange lab dips.
- Arrange trials when required.
- Attend fabric trade shows.
- Liaise daily with the collection director, suppliers, and all stakeholders along the sampling process.
- Support the accessories team on fabrics used in RTW and crossing over into accessories.
- Create new articles in the ERP system.
- Sound understanding of sustainability guidelines and alternatives.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role with managerial knowledge
- Technical knowledge across all fabric types, woven and jersey
- Have a fashion sense and the ability to identify trends
- Understanding the textile manufacture process is essential
- Experience dealing with globals suppliers
- Proven background in cost-saving and streamlining processes
- Good Management Skills
- Excellent time management
- Luxury Background is Preferred
- Willing to relocate to Budapest
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- A young and forward-thinking team with a cool office in downtown Budapest
- A purpose-driven business with a focus on sustainability in all aspects of our business
This website can help you to do your own research regarding the salary question: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Budapest