Director of Digital Marketing
Greenwich St. Jewelers is looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to drive our website and online marketing directives. We’re seeking someone who is as excited as we are about introducing the online world to our amazing slate of independent jewelry artists, with a track record of growing revenues for aspirational luxury brands.
Our ideal candidate loves organized creativity, and brings passion and a strategic approach to innovation. You’ll be using your considerable digital skills to lead marketing strategies dedicated to helping G.St grow, combining tactical know how with flexible thinking. You’re a problem solver with a focus on revenue growth, who’s willing to work hands-on with our small team to tackle any challenge. Someone who combines big picture strategy with an in-depth understanding of the details of each campaign.
You’ll be reporting directly to our CMO, who you’ll work with collaboratively to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy, and supervising a small team of internal marketers, as well as working with external agencies. Relationship building skills are a must. We’re seeking a candidate who loves building connections and getting creative, and enjoys getting their hands dirty while keeping their eye on the prize.
On the job, you’ll be:
- Starting out with a comprehensive review and presentation of our current marketing strategies, focusing on identifying exciting areas for growth and change.
- Developing G.St’s big picture digital marketing and ecommerce strategy, creating a strategic mix of earned and owned media to drive sales with target audiences and build brand equity. Your focus will be on meeting sales targets and business goals.
- Learning to channel G.St’s brand voice until it becomes a second language! You’ll develop an instinctive understanding of our customers, competition, market, and trends, handling primary and secondary market research while keeping an eye on areas for improvement. You love a deep dive, and are always seeking to learn more.
- Taking charge of both the big picture vision and tactics and hands-on fun of managing our marketing channels to drive sales to our e-commerce site. You’ll be challenged to think creatively as you interact with content ranging from paid search and social to affiliate program and influencer marketing, with a little bit of everything in between.
- Taking the lead on annual and quarterly strategic initiatives, while keeping an eye on key marketing KPIs and sales goals. Detail oriented focus with big picture focus is the name of the game.
- Working hands on in a collaborative capacity with our small internal marketing team, agency partners, and freelancers. You’re someone who thrives on teamwork, and loves helping others shine.
- Handling budgets alongside our CMO, who you’ll report to, working together to set and monitor the marketing budget, and making alterations to campaigns as they run to maximize impact. A flexible mindset is key!
- Overseeing our ecommerce operations, from customer service, updates, and promotions, to reviews, maintenance and site performance, as well as owning site usability and customer experience across devices
- Working to manage strategy and content calendar across the site. You love the balance of creativity and analytics, staying responsible for daily, weekly, monthly reporting and analysis.
Our dream digital marketing lead is:
- A passionate consumer marketer with 5+ years of relevant professional experience, at least 3+ in digital marketing and ecommerce. You love helping people build meaningful lifelong relationships with high quality brands.
- Capable of balancing strategic thinking and big picture problem solving with an excitement for direct, hands-on engagement with campaigns. You set the strategy, run and execute tactical initiatives, and are always ready to jump in and engage.
- A serious data nerd with deep skills in marketing campaign development, execution and leveraging data and analytics to improve results and increase ROI. You have expert knowledge of both paid advertising on platforms like Facebook and Google Adwords, and are at home working with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Analytics, Adobe, Klayvio, and Shopify.
- You love the challenges of keeping current in the ever evolving marketing world. You’re the first one to try out the latest marketing techniques, keeping an eye on the prize as you pursue new best practices and stay up to date with the ever evolving field of marketing.
- A people person who’s experienced in leading a growing team, and loves the challenges of connecting and building with others. You’re a team player who’s conscious about communication, thrives on supporting others, and oozes positive vibes.
- Proud of your proven track record of developing and managing marketing budgets that meet company goals with effective returns and growth. You have deep expertise across all digital channels, including social, search, SEO, email, content, affiliate, and beyond.
- A pro at identifying creative solutions to acquire and retain customers. You have an entrepreneurial, agile, creative mindset, and love to think of new solutions to the problems that come your way. You’re a critical thinker and problem solver, who is always ready to adapt and grow.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are top notch. You love playing with language, and using marketing as a medium for building connections that last a lifetime.
- A luxury enthusiast who loves the challenges of e-commerce. You’re a go getter who has a deep sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company success.
Starting out as a family run business, Greenwich St. Jewelers has expanded into a thriving company under the leadership of sisters Jennifer and Christina Gandia, with the support of our amazing team. We’ve built a robust online retail presence, and are excited to open a new Tribeca location in 2022. G.St is a BIPOC owned business committed to diversity and inclusion. We’re dedicated to our collaborative culture, and the work we put into creating an environment where positive, open communication is valued. If you’re someone who loves to learn, who loves to laugh, and who values a community focused approach to luxury jewelry, we’re excited to meet you already!
What you’ll get at G.St:
- Annual Salary
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with employer contributions
- Generous employee discounts
- Access to professional development
Greenwich St. Jewelers is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 required for employment, reasonable accommodations considered for medical, pregnancy or sincerely held religious beliefs.