Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property
- Tory Burch
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2022
- Senior Manager
Tory Burch is looking for Senior Counsel to support our Associate General Counsel, Intellectual Property.
- Advise business on intellectual property-related matters, including copyright, trademark, patent, rights of publicity, and brand enforcement.
- Manage day-to-day logistics of global trademark, copyright and patent portfolios, including coordination with outside portfolio counsel and involvement in all trademark oppositions, cancellations, and portfolio maintenance; review watch notices, and gather and prepare evidence for office actions, fame proceedings, and other trademark matters.
- Conduct trademark and design clearances and research on a variety of intellectual property issues.
- Manage case load of global intellectual property-related disputes, and assist with other intellectual property disputes and litigation, as needed.
- Manage US brand enforcement program, including primary responsibility for in-house enforcement program and management of team of private investigators engaged in the ongoing monitoring for counterfeits in the US marketplace. Partner with US law enforcement and customs officials and conduct US customs/law enforcement trainings.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting IP enforcement actions, including maintenance of database and creation of power-point presentations, excel charts, and other documents for internal and external business partners.
- Assist with global IP budget.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience focused on intellectual property. Law firm experience required; in-house experience a plus. Admitted to practice in NY.
- Fashion industry and product knowledge preferred.
- Strong communication skills and critical thinking, excellent writing skills, great attention to technical and administrative detail, self-motivated, desire and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work and engage with individuals at all levels of the company.
Please note any skills/qualities you would want someone to have in this role in addition to our core skills :
- Adaptable - Change before you have to
- Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
- Collaborative - No "I" in Tory
- Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
- Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes
- Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
- Live the Values - Being "Buddy"
- Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive (Kindness, humility, warmth, honesty, loyalty, compassion, integrity, and passion) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
- Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff
- Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
- FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Team Builder - It's all about "We"
- Sets team goals and roles - Develops, motivates and empowers - Delivers constructive and encouraging feedback - Holds people accountable for results - Recognizes high performance
- FOR PEOPLE MANAGERS: Change Leader - Change is the essence of life
- Challenges the current point of view - Puts changes in context for the team - Executes changes that impact the business - Is proactive and positive - Listens to and keeps the team up to speed
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Tory Burch requires new hires employed in New York City to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID19 Vaccination in the Workplace. Tory Burch provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert