Brand Manager, Detroit
- Ralph Lauren
- Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States
- Closing date
- 13 Oct 2022
- PR & Communications
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
This person will be the primary point of contact for all Ralph Lauren family of business (or businesses) within an assigned set of stores. He/she will focus on developing relationships with key wholesale partners to execute company strategies. The Brand Manager will be responsible for all FOB coverage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Have an understanding of the state of the business including annual volume, best sellers and in-season trend for your business.
* Send bi-weekly business recaps covering sales trends, sell through of key programs, class selling, AUR and margin improvement.
* Share key learnings and opportunities internally with account partners and leadership.
* Review business with Store Management, RL Sales and planning teams and Retail Development leadership team to identify immediate and ongoing opportunities with every visit.
* Build & maintain strong account partnerships & relationships and collaborate continually.
* Execute strategies outlined by leadership team to drive sales growth and profitability. In-Store Presentation:
* Walk all areas of business weekly; make productive assessments and take action where needed in a timely manner.
* Execute strong, well-balanced merchandise statements consistent with Ralph Lauren strategies & guidelines.
* Execute floor moves based on seasonal directives, modifying as required based on business trends.
* Ensure the highest of maintenance standards to include stores execution for timely processing of new inventory, price changes and markdowns.
* Walk each respective department on a consistent, weekly basis; make productive assessments and take action where needed in a timely manner.
* Ensure store team maintains an organized stockroom for easy product replenishment. Coaching / Training:
* Drive retail performance through disciplined business management for all Ralph Lauren brands.
* Conduct product and selling seminars to create an educated and professional Selling Specialist culture, with the goal of improving regular priced selling while keeping the consumer at the center.
* Provide and demonstrate selling techniques where possible - empower the team.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· Able to articulate your vision to inspire others, from customers to colleagues · Able to develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams and functions, both internally and externally · Strong business acumen; numbers driven · Motivated, independent self-starter with professional attitude · Basic computer knowledge and photography skills #LI-AM6
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert