THE ROLE & THE TEAM
As a Principal Product Manager in our Size and Fit Digital Experience team, you will enable our customers to find the right fit the first time when they shop on Zalando. You will be working across the organization to drive the process of problem discovery, definition, solution design and delivery to continuously deliver and scale personalized sizing experiences for our customers. Ultimately, you will enable customers to find the right fit the first time, return less and reduce carbon emissions, positioning the Zalando platform as their first destination for personalized size and fit experiences.
Zalando acquired the Zurich-based Mobile Body Measurement App Developer Fision in 2020 and Size and Fit became one team, passionate for working towards closing the gap between textile manufacturers and customers through innovation, science and delivering great customer experiences. The team works across Zurich and Berlin in a multidisciplinary fashion with applied scientists, engineers, product managers, product designers and business teams. INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process. do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groupWHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED...
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF...
- You'll use a highly-customer-centric and analytical mindset to build a compelling vision of the future. Work backwards from this vision to construct a narrative for how we'll solve customer problems and realize Zalando's opportunities
- You'll provide easy-to-understand solutions to multi-faceted and complex problems based on an in-depth understanding of relevant data and analysis techniques
- You'll backup your intuition, ideas and decisions through data-driven insights, a high degree of customer empathy and a thorough understanding of market specific trends and customer behavior
- You'll define priorities and drive actions to achieve goals with guidance from your stakeholders
- You'll collaborate with multi stakeholders across different disciplines such as applied science, engineering, product design, analytics, business as well as other disciplines across the company and become a trusted sparring partner to the team members of the different disciplines
- You'll lead cross functional teams through influence, not hierarchy, and uniting stakeholders across a large organization behind your product vision and strategy
- You'll be a mentor to other colleagues by showcasing deep expertise in Product Management methods and tools. Level up Product Management at Zalando by actively contributing to important discussions and initiatives within the Product Management job family
ZALANDO BENEFITSCareer Development
- You have 8+ years of experience in Product Management of mostly B2C and preferably data driven and/or virtual products
- You have a track record of building and launching ML-based products that achieved a measurable impact. Experience in product marketing is a plus.
- You maximize medium- to long-term impact with available resources based on understanding the company's strategy, commercial KPIs and how your own domain impacts these.
- You enable the team to identify the biggest opportunities and optimal solutions fast and reliably. You enjoy driving continuous improvement and innovation on product and team level.
- You demonstrated expertise in solving complex problems at scale and through all phases of discovery, definition, design, and delivery
- You bring a track record of delivering products that require deep understanding of trade-offs between usability, technical and operational feasibility, market readiness, and business constraints
- You have solid experience in measuring the success of your products across large scale releases to continuously iterate and improve them for the benefit of our customers
- You have the ability to write documents and clearly communicate in simple and easy to understand language for a broad audience, including senior management, and colleagues across the organization from within and outside the Size & Fit
- You have a passion for solving overarching industry problems and creating impactful solutions
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- 25 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance available for internationals
- Home office equipment available for hybrid working, to support you working from home
- Hybrid working model with 60% remote per week
- Opportunity to work from abroad for 30 (working) days per calendar year
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- SBB Half Fare Travelcard
- 4 weeks paid paternity leave and 17 weeks paid maternity leave
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counseling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute.
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 48 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.ABOUT SIZE & FIT
At Zalando we deeply understand that Size Matters
, and are excited to use our unique and huge article and customer datasets to tackle this challenge using ML and Computer Vision techniques. How about you; would you like to bring in your skills to shape a great experience for your family and friends when buying clothes and shoes online?
You will join our multidisciplinary Zurich & Berlin based Sizing Team, composed of Machine Learning / Computer Vision / Deep Learning researchers, engineers, and full stack developers from 20+ different nationalities. We provide recommendations and predictions on customer size and fit choices, and conduct focused experiments using emerging technologies to solve the challenges.
You will take on this complex and important topic working side by side with our Product Specialists and Applied Scientists. We have great problems to solve, a huge customer base to impact and are a team that loves to have fun. Size and Fit is a human topic. We use machines to help solve our customers' challenges. But we never forget - size and fit success is defined by how customers feel when they wear fashion.