NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor. As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet. Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling. NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few. As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions. NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners. DESCRIPTION
The Executive Assistant - CEO Office reports to the Sr Manager, Executive Assistant to the CEO and needs to be an organized self-starter with exceptional business acumen and strong analytical, organizational and communications skills.
The right candidate will need to possess the ability to multi-task and hit time sensitive deadlines. This role will perform advanced, diversified and confidential duties that may be administrative in nature or project based. The scope will be broad and range from scheduling to having a major role in leading a project for the CEO office. Strong analytical skills are required. Ability to coordinate events such as board meetings, team meetings, officer meetings is required. JOB DUTIES
- Primary function is to support the Sr Manager, Executive Assistant to the CEO and will provide dedicated support for any and all needs of the CEO office
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Maintains and prioritizes daily action items for personal follow up and management. Assists and relieves the executives of a variety of complex administrative duties involving contact and exposure to proprietary information.
- Determines when to act for the Executive Assistant and when to refer problems for personal attention. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature including human resource data, budget, forecasts, etc.
- Uses initiative to prepare responses and to assemble background information from many sources. Follows up to ensure that proper and timely action is taken.
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals. May involve preparing high-quality, executive level PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and/or Excel spreadsheets.
- Assists in maintaining appointment schedules and coordinates meetings including conference calls. Proactively monitor email inboxes, as requested. Arranges travel and hotel reservations as requested. Assembles information and prepares materials including itineraries. Accurately prepares expense statements.
- Coordinates team events (planning, logistics, attendee confirmations, etc.) as requested. Monitors event spend to budget if required/requested. Manages event requests, invoices, and related paperwork as necessary.
- Undertakes projects with direction such as preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations, etc. Offers ideas for executive and team improvement and best practices when required or as appropriate.
- Strong professionalism, confidentiality, time management, communication, customer service, and organization skills
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Process Management
- Strategic Agility and decision-making abilities: problem solver.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, excellent communication skills and ability to handle situations in a professional manner is essential.
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.