Technical Data Product Manager (Marketing Data)
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Marketing Data Quality Manager will work directly with our marketing, data science and technology teams in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. You will be responsible for the management and processes surrounding data related to all marketing content and marketing events/campaigns. This includes the re-usability of marketing data across our marketing systems and analytics platforms, which underpins both Burberry's personalisation capabilities and enables increased effectiveness of marketing campaigns and investments. You will be responsible for shaping and managing a prioritised plan around evolving the data quality in this space, and interact daily with marketeers, data scientists and information architects to ensure suitability and availability of data.
- Accountability for reliability and availability of Marketing data across platforms - both for marketing content and campaigns
- Acting as a Marketing Data Product Manager on Analytics Platform
- Accountability for marketing data master data processes
- Engagement role between functions and departments to lead and coordinate marketing master data processes and partner with technical teams to agree and govern marketing data lineage
- Delivery and execution of marketing performance reporting
- Working with business partners to define and establish data quality rules, definitions and strategy consistent with division and organizational strategies and goals
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts to ensure data quality and availability
- Focusing with Data Science and Technology Teams on driving automated tagging of marketing data where possible
- Capturing, analysing document requirements while supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders
- Experience in classifying marketing and campaign content using Digital Asset Management tools
- Awareness of automated tagging approaches
- Familiar with and able to apply in practice data quality rules and data governance procedures
- Previous experience in assessing the success of marketing campaign using analytical methods
- Data, data lineage and data usage in systems familiarity
- System architecture aware
- Affinity and interest in analytics and analytics tools
- Confident in using SQL (medium level minimum)
- Ability to visualise data flows
- Tableau / other visualisation tools knowledge at the user level preferred
- Familiar with Data Analytics Lifecycle
- Data Product Management awareness - ideally experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely
- Able to translate between technical and business teams
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || DATA ANALYTICS || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert