Head of Brand & Product, Design With Intent
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 21 Oct 2022
- Production - Garments & Accessories
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration. Any offer of employment is contingent upon proof of full COVID 19 vaccinations upon hire. Accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
Leader of Design with Intent initiatives as the cross functional connector, expanding our inclusive approach to everything we create - from the conceptual dream, to our tangible product and imagery - driving positive impact in communities that inspire us as well as in the broader fashion & retail industry. This role supports product creation, planning and promotion of programs in alignment with Ralph Lauren's social impact strategy by successfully collaborating with cross functional teams in DEI, design, commercial, marketing & digital to build merchandise vision in support for Polo & RRL brands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* In partnership with cross functional teams, develop product strategies, collaborations, and initiatives to drive Design with Intent & Cultural Awareness
* Key connector & collaborator with internal stakeholders including but not limited to: DEI, design, brand merchandising, commercial, product management and marketing / agency / digital to ensure brand alignment. Build relationships with other cross functional stakeholders in architecture & design and brand image.
* Act as key link for ESG and RL culture & community groups
* Responsible for design to market operations for projects & initiatives
* Drive all required vetting, compliance, legal, cultural considerations with internal leads and cross functional partners
* Review lines & proactively identify product at risk and direct team on appropriate alternatives, gaining input from our DEI Employee Resource Groups as required
* Provide guidance for Creative Directors in product design aligned with Design with Intent & Cultural Awareness purpose & mission
* Key participant in the Cultural Awareness Advisory/Design with Intent Council & Process, co-lead of the Cultural Awareness Council with DEI
* Conduct ongoing reviews (office hours) of product/marketing/digital specific asks, provide recommendations, approach to edits or escalate issues as appropriate
* Key contributor to our Design with Intent Steer Co and will be responsible to provide details on progress relative to all program plans including but not limited to our Native Creative Steer Co.
* Participate in weekly Marketing Campaign reviews to identify cultural awareness and Design with Intent risks and opportunities
* Key organizer working with internal leads to define and determine RL best practices and processes for program guidance when working with small, artisan and hand craft workers outside of the conventional factory vendor supply chain. · Support RL's pathways for engagement and collaboration for creative sourcing with Native and Indigenous Artisans and creatives and our 3-year strategic plan. · Work in concert with our Community Liaison Partners and will support relationship building and community engagement with all cultural collaboration partnerships.
* Develop education & communication strategy for Design w Intent in partnership with DEI team
* Maintain connectivity to external market for insights and competitive analysis - provide an outside-in view to the teams
* Strengthen the talent of the company by developing capabilities of team, promoting successful partnerships, and managing effective and diverse teams
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· A proven and respected leader with broad business experience and key competencies including merchandising, strategic and creative vision, analytical skills enhanced by intuitive consumer insight and executive collaborative skills. · Superior product savvy and commercial acumen - in equal parts · Ability to quickly identify market value drivers; prioritize and act on opportunities to position the business for growth · Successful track record of consistently delivering profitable growth · A career demonstrating solid leadership skills and cross-functional influencing skills; a proven ability to develop and implement new strategies in competitive business situations. · Strong understanding of the product life cycle & business calendars · Visionary leader with ability to influence leaders, peers and team · Strong communication and interpersonal skills · High emotional intelligence and relationship building skills · Highly collaborative with cross functional partners · Embodies RL Cultural Focus Areas: one team, empowerment with personal accountability, straight talk, focusing on what matters most, move with urgency · Exceptional people management and leadership skills
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert