Senior Correspondent (Asia)
The Business of Fashion is seeking a Senior Correspondent to add to its authoritative coverage of markets across Asia. The ideal candidate will help expand the Global Markets content stream and maintain BoF’s position as the world’s leading hub for sector-specific reporting and intelligent discussion on the Asia region.
You will aspire to help set the agenda for fashion and beauty industry business coverage across the entire value chain from raw materials production to retail in key markets across Asia, whether that is securing an exclusive on global brands’ Asia strategies or identifying key challenges local players face in a diverse and rapidly changing market region.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
You will contribute to a range of deeply reported features, investigative stories and agenda-setting news analysis for a target audience of intelligent, globally minded fashion and beauty industry decision-makers while meeting tight deadlines and weekly targets.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Pitch and deliver 1 reported feature piece and several short news articles per week, focussing on Asia markets.
- Take ownership of one of BoF’s geography-specific newsletters, with a goal of delivering exclusive weekly content and growing our subscriber base.
- Use your source network and industry expertise across Asia to deliver breaking news.
- Contribute to BoF’s series of case studies and high-profile cover stories.
- Break news and secure exclusives on the global fashion and beauty industries in Asia.
- Monitor and contribute to coverage of daily news from across the continent Elevate important news stories with deeper analysis in a timely manner.
- Deliver stories that aid in building our subscriber base within the fashion and beauty industries.
- Cultivate a well-developed network of sources to deliver scoops and exclusive insights.
- Source images and create charts for your stories.
Who you are
A journalist with fluency writing about business in English, who has a wide network and expertise in Asia, in particular Northeast Asia and/or Southeast Asia markets. Preferably, you reside in a fashion business hub in one of these sub-regions. You will be full of ideas, confident in pitching stories and able to swiftly execute tightly written news, analysis and deeply reported features. You will also have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment, combined with the following skills will set you up for success:
- Acute news judgement and ability to distil, corroborate and elevate information contained in press releases with additional analysis.
- A keen eye for stories that will have an impact on the industry, help our subscribers and engage new readers.
- Ability to cultivate a network of high-level industry sources.
- A keen interest in the fashion and/or beauty industries
- Strong writing and reporting skills and an ability to tell complex stories with flair.
- Agility to manage multiple stories at the same time with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail.
- Willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of a global news cycle.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You are delivering a consistent and steady stream of features that inform and engage our global community.
- You are on top of the most important beauty industry news and regularly ahead of the competition.