Menswear Product Developer
WOOD WOOD is looking for a Menswear Product Developer
WOOD WOOD is an innovative retail environment and global fashion brand bridging the worlds of style, music and culture. Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, a city that prides itself in its creative community and environmental responsibility, Copenhagen serves as the perfect platform for the design studio, and its location in the local and multi-cultural neighbourhood of Nørrebro is evident in the brand’s attitude.
The Menswear Product Developer will be working closely with the Head of Production to strategise the seasonal collections. The developer will manage the development and production of products within the assigned categories in close cooperation with other team members. The developer will also act as a critical partner to design with the commercial side of the product to ensure the product’s sensibility and relevance in the market. Support with relevant research and a solution-oriented approach.
This role is primarily accountable for ensuring the collection’s success by securing margin, inventory prospects and new business opportunities each season.
• Support in preparing the seasonal forecast based on financial goals and historical product performance before each “season kick-off”, including Gender/Segment/Category/Style/ Colour.
• In conjunction with Design, ensure products are designed and sourced to set price points while meeting margin requirements.
• Provide sample status to all stakeholders (design/sales/marketing/logistics).
• Produce and oversee instructions and comments on prototypes, SMS, pre-production and production samples.
• Take an active role in fitting sessions to further develop and improve the products and the production process.
• Work to assure the highest quality of the products in your designated categories.
• Follow up and ensure all samples are received on time according to the Development Calendar.
• Secure the global supply base, ensuring product, price and lead-time requirements are met according to agreed objectives while minimising company risk.
• Ensure and monitor that vendors adhere to the agreed deliverables and comply with the Industry and Company “Code of Conduct”.
• Create and negotiate preliminary style/production plan by region and factory.
• Review and benchmark all suppliers together with the team after each season.
• Ensure that seasonal stock levels of NOOS and other product opportunities are continuously monitored and adjusted to maximise profitability and identify opportunities with the buying department and Head of Production.
• Strong understanding of Sourcing and Development of Global Supply Base.
• Knowledge of global and regional laws in terms of sourcing and movement of goods.
• Ability to formulate and communicate vision, plans and procedures.
• Excellent understanding of WOOD WOOD’s profile, SKU and price structure.
• Experienced in line planning, product development and sourcing.
• Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes and costing.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Minimal 5+ years’ working experience in development/sourcing/production across different product categories.
• Experience in cross-functional teamwork.
• Strong Excel and analytical skills.
• Experience with Apparel PLM applications.
• Team player used to working under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Experience with different ERP systems.
• Strong communication skills.
• Fluent in English.
Please send your application and CV with the subject line “Menswear Product Developer” to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: As we interview candidates continuously, we kindly ask that you submit your application asap.
Location: Wood Wood HQ, Nørrebrogade 106, 2200 Copenhagen N.