NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
As a part of the Marketing Strategy and Effectiveness team
, this leader will play a pivotal role in helping to drive the overall effectiveness of NMB's marketing. In partnership with our data analytics team, this role oversee the meaningful application of data to define business opportunities, identify competitive weaknesses, and inform optimizations to the media and creative product. This role is critically responsible for continually asking "why" and never accepting data at face value to draw out key insights to inform in-market shifts and future strategies.Job Responsibilities & Tasks
- Translate data into clear, compelling, and actionable insights by leveraging advanced analytics tactics conducted by central resources
- Collaborate with marketing partners and strategy teams to understand business and marketing objectives and develop analytics approaches to meet those objectives
- Centralize data from multiple sources into cohesive analyses with clear narratives that tie insights to creative and media strategy
- Partner with media and creative teams to uncover potential drivers in the data and inform the analysis and optimization recommendations
- Present, with the support of the functional specialists, the results of analyses and research projects in a clear and insightful narrative, digestible by a lay person
- Lead understanding of consumer and marketplace behaviors, particularly those that most impact business and marketing goals
- Lead the creation of various reporting products, including a comprehensive monthly, cross-discipline marketing snapshot
- Evaluate data and research/analytics vendors
- Develop and maintain a learning library for always-on access to test results and key learnings across the business
- Work hand in hand with media partners to develop and test cookieless activation and measurement solutions
- 10+ years of experience in marketing science, intelligence or effectiveness roles
- 5+ years of experience in leading and growing a team
- Appreciation of the strategic objectives of the NMG organization; ability to synthesize and apply them to a rapidly evolving Marketing strategy.
- Proven ability to leverage data and deliver actionable insights, guide strategic decisions and directly drive business result.
- Ability to tell a simple and straight story, absent of media jargon
- Strong business acumen - think in terms of media spend as an investment with an expected return measured via ROI, CLV, etc.
- An ability to think and solve problems in non-linear ways, and an ability to craft compelling stories; a natural and persistent inclination to explore, discover, and learn, as well as a fascination with analytics
- Nimbleness to react to market changes and high value opportunities
- The drive to go beyond asking "what?" to ask "why?"; a commitment to digging beneath the surfaces and interrogating information versus accepting it at face value
- A desire to create a collaborative working environment