The Director, Global Concepts & Color is responsible for color, print, and concept creation and development for all Calvin Klein product categories, regions, and licensed partners in line with company/brand directives. They work closely with the EVP Global Design on global brand creative direction as well as the category leads.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Looks ahead and gathers insights to drive purpose-driven storytelling and translates this into product ideas, with an emphasis on how the entire look comes together across underwear, apparel and accessories.
- Creates global color palettes that work for all categories, regions, and licenses. Works closely with regional insights and input.
- Creates global product stories and narratives in collaboration with the product category design leads.
- Partners with Marketing team and Retail Design to ensure stories and color direction come to life all the way through to the customer.
- Partners with Sustainability and Innovation team on a consistent direction across the brand.
- Prepares design presentations and experiences for Global Design kickoffs and summits.
- Ensures timely development of concepts by adhering to time and action calendar.
- Researches the market and trend services to keep designs trend correct
- 8 - 10 years of Concepts and Color Design experience
- Prior experience working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and global brand environment
Bachelor's Degree in related fieldSkills:
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:Internal
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses high fashion aesthetics.
- Previous experience working with global brands.
- Highly collaborative with ability to influence.
- Expert in styling to sell in ideas.
- Excellent color matching skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, illustrator, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat or other related technical experience
: Works across the Global Concept team, all Product Category Design
leads, in-house Licensing Design team, Marketing, Communications, Retail Design,
Merchandising, Packaging Design, Sustainable Business Transformation, Fashion
Vendors (Trend Forecasting, Color and Print Studios, Artists, etc.) __________________________________________________________________ SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct:
Freelancers or temporary associates as needed __________________________________________________________________ BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily decisions regarding color and concept creation for the global concept direction. These decisions affect the overall quality and outcome of the product. Collaborate with Sr Design Director, Global Concepts and EVP Global Design on design and direction of the product needed.RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY:
Ability to design and handle multiple seasons at one time. Maintain consistent high quality of product from season to season. Willing to make changes as needed to meet changing business needs. Must be very organized and detailed to effectively follow up on creation of color and concept and implementation. Highly creative in design to provide newness while still able to respond to business needs.ENVIRONMENT:
Fast-paced, deadline-driven, highly collaborative environment.
Pay Range: $134,750 - $181,500
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH