Manager I, Technical
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education & Experience
- To provide product specific technical expertise to the PVH Product Development Teams and give clear direction to key vendors to ensure PVH Brand quality standards and expectations are effectively produced at all times.
- Coordinate office technical staff throughout the product development and approval process for technical support.
- Manage key vendor base to consistently develop and deliver product that exceeds the quality, fit and price expectation of our customers.
- Responsible and accountable for the development and quality standards of a product specific category.
- Provide technical support and coordination for the product development and garment production teams during all related activities.
- Establish, define and maintain the individual PVH Brand quality expectations.
- Ensure correct interpretation of quality and product approval standards is clearly understood and acknowledged by all associated parties.
- Ensure that products are developed consistently to established fit and quality standards, within manufacturer's capabilities and in the most cost effective manner.
- Ensure all aspects of technical pre-production work specifically to maintain fit integrity of approval samples, conformance to PDM specification requirements and continuity of product quality throughout bulk production are implemented and monitored effectively within key vendor base.
- Initiate technical development of fit standards and construction methodology to identify and maximize speed to market opportunities.
- Review existing quality process and production workflow systems within key vendors and provide enhanced process and methodology guidelines.
- Work with QA team for all fitting issues/standard.
- Cover all oversea office (regions) for all fitting/Quality issues.
- Identify and provide any necessary staff training, standard operating processes and vendor guidance to maximize the potential of all associated parties of the PVH Global Supply Chain.
- Ensure effective lines of communication for time line management, sample development, fit approval, garment engineering, technical and vendor development.
- Coordinate with Head Office and vendors to understand any quality issues and provide adequate feedback to ensure effective vendor quality improvement program.
- Oversee the workload and effectiveness of the Fit Tech and provide training and guidance to ensure high levels of technical excellence.
- Oversee the key vendor ensure a clear understanding of all general and specific requirements of quality
- Develop within the Regional office technical team, merchandising team and vendor base effective lines of communication and technical process competence to effectively expedite PVH Brand requirements of fit, quality and construction at all times.
- Appraise and give guidance in fit review meetings and support the Fit Tech team to ensure sample approvals consistently conform to the agreed standards.
- Working with the key vendors, implement and control effective quality management
- Manage projects for improving the quality.
- Calibrate on products within all technical area.
- Overall responsible for Technical Team, staying connected and being observant of individuals development and overall career growth and wellness.
- Clear awareness of each associates accountable and goals, providing support and guidance to team members to drive project, accountable and knowledge lending to growth in team members capabilities and long term career development.
- Support and patriciate in risk assessment meeting/review, sharing knowledge of alternative construction and testing when necessary.
- Work closely with NY/Hub sourcing and vendor to manage at risk or high profile development T&As.
- Participate and support SOP review and approval ahead of office roll out to internal and external parties. Initiate project plans and collaborate with global cross functional partner to build the right project teams.
- Overview of vendor accreditation training for PP and Fit Approval. Focus in performance of internal and external team, identifying areas for improvement or expansion of program to extend vendor support to manage low risk PP and Fit Approval.
- Build strong relationships at management level and above with our vendors and cross functional partners globally.
- Lead and participate in communication with global cross functional teams sharing knowledge, hind sighting aiding to better alignment.
- Responsible for quarterly check-ins with team members, providing feedback and guidance to grow and enhance the overall teams skills and ability.
- Responsible for filtering Supply and Technical Services goal allocation to team, tracking overall progress and achieve initiatives.
- Manage regular touch base with Vendor technical leadership to understand opportunities in technical processes and new industry expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education & Experience
- Diploma or above in Technical Design, Pattern Grading or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years industry experience required. With good fitting & pattern knowledge. Experience as people manager preferable
- With on the ground manufacturing experience preferred. Have experience developing best practice solutions.
- Knowledge of fitting, pattern making, grading, construction, testing, pad development, project management, SOP creation
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects and global teams.
- Organized and detailed oriented, takes immediate action to resolve issues and problems.
- Calibrated mind set which builds good working relationships and leads to team building.
- Excellent communication skills able to communicate effectively across the team and organization.
- Vast knowledge of garment fit and ability to teach other on how to clear instruct a vendor on the garment manufacturability.
- Strong working knowledge of bonding, sewing and molding techniques, stitch properties and overall garment detail.
- Experience in managing multi team members
- Manage allocated budget.
- Negotiating and entrepreneurial skills
- Excellent time management.
- Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in 3D virtual fitting