Coordinator, Global Store Design - CALVIN KLEIN
- Calvin Klein
- New York, New York, United States of America
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
- Full Time
Calvin Klein is in search of an architect or interior designer in the New York office to support the design development function of the Global Store Design team. This position reports to the Director, Global Store Design | Design Development and will be engaged in the development and production of design concepts for diverse global audiences. The candidate should be detail-oriented with a customer service mindset.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Carry out functional design studies based on initial concept direction from internal Creative partners and in support of design direction provided by the Director, Global Store Design | Design Development. Projects will range from global concepts to high-profile locations of retail/wholesale stores, showrooms, tradeshows, and fixture programs.
- Produce design development renderings, drawings (plans, elevations, sections), and architectural details as needed to make certain that projects are designed in a manner consistent with brand aesthetics and best retail practice. Documentation will take the form of high quality persuasive 3D studies/renderings in Google SketchUp & Rhino with Vray, 2D layouts drawn in AutoCAD, and hand sketches to fully communicate headquarters intent.
- Work with the Director, Global Store Design | Design Development, members of the Creative Services team (Store Design and Visual Merchandising), and other Calvin Klein departments as needed to assess programmatic requirements and develop an ongoing positive exchange of concept ideas and design options.
- Collaborate with outside vendors (lighting designers, design architects, prototype contractors, etc.) as required to support timely delivery of global creative direction.
- Where applicable, assist with prototype store and fixture initiatives for new design work.
- Ensure that projects are complete and comprehensive with respect to documentation and workflow requirements as established by Calvin Klein.
- Maintain orderly and accessible records of all design projects for ongoing reference.
- Monitor schedules and budgets where applicable.
- Manage the physical and digital housekeeping of drawing packages, design manuals, and material packages throughout the life of concepts/projects.
- Expected travel: limited.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 1-3 years prior store design experience in an Architectural/Design firm or in-house store design team for an apparel fashion brand.
Education: Masters or B.A in Architecture or Interior Design
- Must have EXCELLENT computer drafting/rendering/graphic skills: Google Sketchup 3D & Rhino modeling and views, V Ray rendering, and AutoCAD 2D/3D. Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Excel and Word is necessary as well.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Technically savvy with database management software.
- Possess high aesthetics and a keen eye for high quality, commercially viable, store design.
- Be a self-starter willing to bring brand-conscious ideas to a collaborative team.
- Good time management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work flexibly under pressure, and quickly adapt to change.
Pay Range: $56,650 - $77,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
For five decades, CALVIN KLEIN has been a cultural catalyst, creating a legacy of iconic imagery and provocative conversation while retaining its American DNA and youth-inspired designs. Our associates are a group of talented individuals with unique personalities and perspectives. At CALVIN KLEIN, we take risks, embrace differences and strive to make a positive impact on the world. Above all, we care passionately for the brand, our customer and each other. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, CALVIN KLEIN is one of the world’s largest and most successful designer fashion brands. We are driven by our associates, creating one of the most visionary workforces in fashion. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and the future we are creating. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN products exceeded $8 billion in 2017, and CALVIN KLEIN branded products are distributed in 110+ countries. CALVIN KLEIN employs a worldwide network of over 10,000 associates and operates more than 2,000 free-standing stores globally. Calvin Klein, Inc. was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
- 020 589 9888
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert