Assistant Store Manager- TOMMY HILFIGER
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Hanover, Maryland, United States of America
- Closing date
- 26 Oct 2022
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
SUMMARY: An Assistant Manager shares in the responsibility for the overall performance of the store and assists Store Management with generating sales potential, recruiting and developing staff, maintaining store appearance, and controlling expenses and shortages.
- Generate sales and profit, minimize losses and ensure the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
- Identify and implement strategies and initiatives to achieve and exceed business goals.
- Oversee and maintain the customer service standards to the highest possible level.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Represent the Tommy Hilfiger image through personal and professional appearance.
- Take responsibility for productivity and profitability of the store including sales growth, staffing and inventory results.
- Responsible for all activities within the store in the absence of the GM / SM or Associate Manager.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
- To understand and comply with all company policy, procedures and operations.
- To maintain the highest level of security and safety awareness within the store.
- To recognize problems, analyze causes, generate alternatives and solutions.
- Manage all controllable expenses, including the allocation of payroll.
- Attends mall/center management meetings in the absence of the GM / SM or Associate Manager.
- Follow Inventory Shrinkage Improvement Program.
- Maintain productivity in shipment processing, inventory counting, price change activities.
- Ensure store has all necessary tools (i.e. supplies, resources, binders, etc.) and knowledge of how to use them adequately.
- Manage store openings and store closings.
- Take direction and complete assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring sales associates who have strong presentation and communication skills representative of the Tommy Hilfiger image.
- Develop all associates to be knowledgeable in areas of product, merchandising, operations, customer service, sales and growth within the company.
- Motivate and develop support staff to meet store goals / objectives.
- Able to deal with difficult situations while maintaining performance.
- Seek support from others when necessary.
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer / associate awareness at all times.
- Demonstrate teamwork within store and company and ensure that staff is treated professionally, respectfully and courteously.
- Effectively participates and assists the Store Manager in weekly management meetings and quarterly staff meetings.
- Able to express ideas effectively and lead by example.
- Maintain confidentiality and meet own commitments.
MERCHANDISING & VISUAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for direct supervision of a selected department or departments and ensuring the department(s) performs to its maximum potential.
- Participate and oversee the execution of all merchandising directives, updates and markdowns in a timely and effective manner.
- Analyze and react to the needs of the business, identify top sellers, slow sellers and fulfillment of merchandising strategy.
- Maintain elevated store presentation by training and overseeing standards as defined by brand standards and company directives with an eye for detail.
- Have thorough knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization / systems.
- Keep management informed of all merchandise and visual related issues.
- Maintain store organization fixtures/hardware/general cleanliness.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. ANY EMPLOYER THAT VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands, with a breadth of collections including HILFIGER COLLECTION, TOMMY HILFIGER TAILORED, TommyXGigi, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. TOMMY HILFIGER, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 15,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries and more than 1,800 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand were US $7.4 billion in 2017.
Stadhouderskade 6 Amsterdam
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert